All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > General Metal Shaping Discussion > Events
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 03-03-2017, 08:01 AM
Administrator

Default Minnesota metal shaping May 4-6

I am once again hosting my annual Metal shaping Event here in Denison Minnesota on May 4-6. Those that haven't been to one can expect to have an opportunity to see and experience metal shaping tools and expertise maybe only seen in books and on various cable shows . Think you need this or that tool and never tried it before , well here is your chance . You will also have several here that will gladly show how you can get by with far less . There will be ongoing demonstrations as well as projects that you can watch or get involved in .

There will also be at least 1 if not 2 machines that will be debuted .More info coming on those.

Several out of state members will be here sharing their talents during the event .

Pat Brubaker ( Patman) will be putting on classes earlier in the week so look for that opportunity.

Those that haven't been before there is on site camping as well as we now have a shower in the shop for your use. You will be supplied a hearty lunch daily so to keep things flowing as well as keeping costs down. Also pastrys and coffee as well as water and sodas will available

Cass Nawroki will also be here to share some experience , humor, and have his famous Book for signing

Any questions contact me at 612-490-1967. If not answered leave message and will return your call

Last edited by route56wingnut; 03-03-2017 at 09:33 AM.
Old 03-03-2017, 08:10 AM

Unless something comes up, count me in. I'm usually just a fly on the wall there and don't stand out, but it's a fun time for sure!
Old 03-03-2017, 09:21 AM

Get there early Cody; there ain't much wall space left.
Old 03-03-2017, 06:13 PM

I have my vacation time from work already planned to attend. I'll be there the 4th thru the 6th if you'll have me.

Ea. Angelo Metalworks
Old 03-04-2017, 01:46 AM

The Draxler boys will be there and hopefully bringing Jimi again
We will bring some tin to bang on
Old 03-05-2017, 03:33 PM

Dan, I plan to be there all three days. I'll be camping there.
Old 03-16-2017, 06:01 PM

Hey Dan, Marion and I will be there.
Old 03-16-2017, 08:47 PM

Default Meet

Dan, My boy Matt and I are going to try and attend (sat and sunday) Thanks, Steve

never-ever kick a fresh turd on a hot day!
Old 03-27-2017, 12:41 PM

I have talked to Dan a few weeks back about asking for some help at the upcoming meet. A few years ago I had made some tail light buckets for a 67 chevelle. I used the original bolt on pot metal ones as guides. We wanted to go seamless and figured the best way was to make them out of metal and weld them one vs gluing the originals on and hope a ghost seam doesnt show. Being a body man by trade at the time I was happy with the results. Granted they are close. But now Im trying to change my mindset and also to learn how to get more accurate and push myself. I just cant get past the part of close but yet not close enough. I was wondering if someone would be willing to help me at the metal meet. I dont want you to take the whole time helping me. Just guidance so to speak. Im not expecting for them to be finished at the meet either. I have hand tools, E-wheel, bead roller, and plannishing hammer at my disposal at home. If at all possible I would like to work with these tools so I can go home and finish there and not be stuck needing a pullmax or something similar. Here are some pics. of what I did in the past.

Here they are roughed in:

This is them on the car years ago and how they are now. You can see close but if you look hard they arent exact duplicates in areas they should be or at least a lot closer than they are
Old 03-27-2017, 01:08 PM
MetalShaper of the month Feb.-11, July - 2018, Sept. 2020

Cody, I think that light inset area is going to be the major hurdle in making that part in one piece, if that is your intent. There's a reason OEM makes that part in pot metal. Perhaps stopping that area with a small return just inside the light recess, and to weld the inside part to the inward flange would make this an easier task.

Instagram @ mccartney_paint_and_custom

McCartney Paint and Custom YouTube channel