All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > General Metal Shaping Discussion > Events
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 04-13-2018, 04:11 PM
MetalShaper of the Month Dec. 2019, Feb. 2022

The first pic is my favorite pic from the RR 2018.

Sorry Robert, you're kinda cute and all, but the first pic looks kind of like an old garage from days gone by.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5064.jpg (79.2 KB, 365 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5065.jpg (85.6 KB, 358 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5069.jpg (86.6 KB, 357 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5070.jpg (61.9 KB, 356 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5071.jpg (86.9 KB, 357 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5074.jpg (81.1 KB, 359 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5075.jpg (84.7 KB, 354 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5079.jpg (87.5 KB, 356 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5082.jpg (86.0 KB, 369 views)

my project:
http://www.allmetalshaping.com/showthread.php?t=154

Last edited by 123pugsy; 04-14-2018 at 06:29 AM.
Old 04-13-2018, 10:17 PM
MetalShaper of the month Feb.-11, July - 2018, Sept. 2020

Haha, I never have been kind to a camera lens, better make sure it still works!

Instagram @ mccartney_paint_and_custom

McCartney Paint and Custom YouTube channel
Old 04-14-2018, 06:29 AM
MetalShaper of the Month Dec. 2019, Feb. 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp&c View Post
haha, i never have been kind to a camera lens, better make sure it still works!
lol.....:d

my project:
http://www.allmetalshaping.com/showthread.php?t=154
Old 04-14-2018, 02:26 PM
MetalShaper of the Month October '14 , April '16, July 2020, Jan 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHillWill View Post
Saturday was wide open. We ended up with a total of 51 attendees. Bill Lonyard was in attendance and gave a detailed account of the development of the Barton book(s) and the progress made to date. Volume 7 is completed and available for sale. Kent White gave a detailed presentation of his part in building the Howard Hughes H1 racer, serial number 2. Way Cool! Mallory Kolenda made quite a splash with a seminar on how she has developed her skills in producing her aquatic artistry. Jimmy Matthews with the help of Mike Yurko served up a large array of hot dogs that were carefully cooked in the pouring rain. Thanks for that effort, guys. Got more work on the speedster and got it running better than before, but I still have a gremlin in the timing or air delivery system - working on it. Bill Trombley gave a really good display of how to transfer full size drawing components onto a flat sheet so that you can cut directly from a drawing. Bill also provided a tip for adjusting the springs on Dzus fasteners once they are in place.

Robert McCartney brought his circle friendly bead roller and assisted Clint Button making his Ford cowl induction air cleaner and Mike also donated one of the dual mounted hand metal snip tools. Barry Duckworth is shown displaying the Redneck fire detector. More work done on some Humvee items and Jim Hery got the fender well removed from the 134 Packard fender. Andrew Slater, Jeff newton and Mike Rouse correctly identified an issue with the P7 and were able to dis-assy and make corrections and rebuild it right there on the spot - a huge help for me. Steve Hamilton completed the stem assy on a new set of Pulmax louver dies that I had recently acquired.Thanks to the folks from the Oblong committee that took the time to attend this meet. That is really cool! Paul Haydorn and his wife, Kelly and Suzie Tracy and Steve Bowden. Thanks, guys!

I want to give a special shout out to Pat 'Patman' Brubaker for his help not only for helping in the preparation for the meet and his help and guidance to some of the attendees, but for his efforts behind the raffle that benefits the Redneck Roundup in a huge way. THANKS Pat!

The group photo shows about 36 of the 51 folks that were in attendance on one day or the other. More details and photos to come after some time cleaning up. We sincerely missed two of our dear friends that were unable to attend due to deaths in their immediate family, Carey Culpepper and teddy Hefner. Condolences to both of you from all of your friends in the metal shaping community.
Will,
I want to thank you for the persuasive invitation you made to me for attending this year's Redneck Roundup. I am so glad I was able to attend, and meet so many great metal folks, many of whom I connect with on this forum. It was a wonderful opportunity for me to mingle and see your shop and also meet that fine lady of yours. Your hospitality was so heart-felt and your kindness has drawn to you the excellent friends that were so conspicuous, helpful and available over that weekend.
Thank you, thank you, thank you.
... And I loved the racing stories .... A whole lot.
(- Missing the Waffle House, too .....)

With sincere appreciation,
Kent White

http://www.tinmantech.com

"All it takes is a little practical experience to blow the he!! out of a perfectly good theory." --- Lloyd Rosenquist, charter member AWS, 1919.
Old 04-15-2018, 08:25 PM
MetalShaper of the Month Jan 2019

Kent, It was our distinct pleasure for you to take the time to travel across the country and hang out with some 'Carolina Rednecks'. Glad you liked the racing stories, as I was happy to trade them for the H1 racer stories. It was especially nice to share those stories after hours at the establishment serving those 'scattered, covered and smothered' entrees!' I have received MANY comments and compliments about the vast knowledge that you shared with many of us, and I want to make sure that you are aware of all that you added to our meet.

I will be calling you, probably on Monday, to discuss an update on your Power Hammer and some additional items. There are three of us that want to confirm some orders for your gas aluminum welding items and Power Hammer items. Your display of the shrinking capabilities of your Power Hammer impressed a great number of us.

I returned the seminar items on Monday, insured as requested. You should have them by now or on Monday. Jimmy Matthews and I each made a filler rod bracket for the aluminum solder and brazing filler rods that you brought. It turns out that I actually had on hand the generously discussed maroon items. They were filed in the 'red' box.

RodBrkts 010.jpg

RodBrkts 012.jpg

RodBrkts 016.jpg

RodBrkts 018.jpg
Old 04-20-2018, 06:44 PM
MetalShaper of the Month October '14 , April '16, July 2020, Jan 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHillWill View Post
Kent, It was our distinct pleasure for you to take the time to travel across the country and hang out with some 'Carolina Rednecks'. Glad you liked the racing stories, as I was happy to trade them for the H1 racer stories. It was especially nice to share those stories after hours at the establishment serving those 'scattered, covered and smothered' entrees!' I have received MANY comments and compliments about the vast knowledge that you shared with many of us, and I want to make sure that you are aware of all that you added to our meet.

I will be calling you, probably on Monday, to discuss an update on your Power Hammer and some additional items. There are three of us that want to confirm some orders for your gas aluminum welding items and Power Hammer items. Your display of the shrinking capabilities of your Power Hammer impressed a great number of us.

I returned the seminar items on Monday, insured as requested. You should have them by now or on Monday. Jimmy Matthews and I each made a filler rod bracket for the aluminum solder and brazing filler rods that you brought. It turns out that I actually had on hand the generously discussed maroon items. They were filed in the 'red' box.
Hi Will,
Thanks for returning the seminar items so quickly.
Yes, I went over the orders and confirmed them via email to you today.
I will have some recommendations as you build your Hammer and will send a few helpful items your way.
Love the wooden rod holder bracket. I tend to favor metal as the glue sets up faster.

http://www.tinmantech.com

"All it takes is a little practical experience to blow the he!! out of a perfectly good theory." --- Lloyd Rosenquist, charter member AWS, 1919.
Old 04-24-2018, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystallographic View Post
Love the wooden rod holder bracket. I tend to favor metal as the glue sets up faster.
Ok Kent, that was a pretty good one!

Glad to see you are spreading knowledge around.

Ron Covell, Autofuturist books (Tim Barton/Bill Longyard) and Kent White metalshaping DVD's available, shipped from the US. Contact lane@mountainhouseestate.com for price and availability.