All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > General Metal Shaping Discussion > General Discussion
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 08-23-2019, 07:37 PM

Default 3003 vs 5052?

Went to local metal supplier the other day and while I was there I asked about 3003 aluminum he said they don’t carry it at this location but he has 5052 h32 locally and it would be a lot cheaper than having 3003 shipped in.

So my question is what’s the difference as far as using it for autobody and coach building work?
And can you or do you need to anneal it like 3003 and if so is the soot and oxyacetylene torch process the same.

I’m totally new to aluminum never used any of it but looking to get into aluminum work.
Oh what about welding 5052 vs 3003 I am planning to buy the goggles and flux from Kent at tinman for welding aluminum with oxyacetylene.

Thanks for the input
Old 08-24-2019, 10:53 AM

If you use the search function next to the New Posts on the Task Bar above, you'll find quick reference to many topics

I quickly found two, one by the same subject and another just the reverse, 5052 v 3003

The Tinman weighs in with great advice, along with many of the excellent resources that support this board.

FWIW