All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > GETTING STARTED > Introductions
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 10-21-2019, 10:16 AM

Default Well, it's me!

Hello! I'm Bill, and I'm addicted to all things mechanical--mostly cars, motorcycles, piston driven aircraft, boats, and firearms.

I know I'll never have the amazing skills so many on this forum demonstrate, but I can learn more than a few tips and ideas for the little bit of metalworking I do when building/modifying cars and motorcycles.

I was born and raised in the Wheaton, Maryland area, where my father introduced me to cars. We restored our first car, a 1961 Impala before I was old enough to drive.

From there, I developed a love for all kinds of automobiles, from Ford to Ferrari, and everything in between. I also got into motorcycles, with my first restoration/modification of a 1969 Triumph Bonneville when I was 19.

I've been a mechanic (fully certified Master Tech), a tool sales owner/operator, and a salesman (outside sales for a custom order blinds company), and am now "semi" retired and writing my second novel (which I hope to start shopping around the beginning of next year).

I'm looking forward to a lot of learning and even more of being amazed!
Old 10-21-2019, 12:44 PM
ADMINISTRATOR MetalShaper of the Month Dec. '09 & May '11

Hi Bill
Welcome to Allmetalshaping!

Steve
Old 10-21-2019, 01:06 PM
MetalShaper of the Month January 2020, March 2022

Welcome to the forum, Bill.

fwiw, I stopped in Kingston going to & then in Harriman coming home from the last Redneck Roundup in Aug. I lived in Kingston (Midway/Paint Rock) for years. Did lots & lots & lots of bike stuff around there. My wife and I were married at Fort Southwest Point circa 1800.... long story. We miss TN a lot. It sure has changed a lot around Kingston & Harriman in recent years.
Old 10-22-2019, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hamilton View Post
Hi Bill
Welcome to Allmetalshaping!

Steve
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffrod View Post
Welcome to the forum, Bill.

fwiw, I stopped in Kingston going to & then in Harriman coming home from the last Redneck Roundup in Aug. I lived in Kingston (Midway/Paint Rock) for years. Did lots & lots & lots of bike stuff around there. My wife and I were married at Fort Southwest Point circa 1800.... long story. We miss TN a lot. It sure has changed a lot around Kingston & Harriman in recent years.
Thanks! Yes, it's changed a bit. Some for the better, some not so much. We live well outside of town, with a nice view of the lake.