All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > General Metal Shaping Discussion > Welding Sheet Metal
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 02-29-2012, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctfromshawnee View Post
ronholm , like you i was looking at a MM212 to replace my old MM35 and came across a MM252 one Sunday morning on Craigslist i called at about 11:45 and thought about it for about an hour and went to withdraw the money out of my account and called the guy back and got directions and was driving home with it by 2:15 he was asking $1600.00 i tried get him down to $1500.00 and he said if i have a week from now I'll take $1500.00 so i took it, it looked almost brand new, i new if i didn't buy it someone definitely would have you got to move quick . on the flip side of that i sold my MM35 almost as fast ! these Miller's are not hard to sell folks keep that in mind when your looking to buy a welder they have good resale value ! good luck ronholm and let us know what you get .. Chris

That is pretty much what I am seeing.. The 251 in Richmond is minus the bottle and regulator.. (he said it could be hooked up for a test drive) If it had those. I would be all over it.. But with a pending deal on a stepped 212 and a plasma.. I keep hesitating.. I dunno why.. I really want the infinite voltage control.. and have the DRO would be nice.... I probably won't ever touch the upper limits of the duty cycle of the 212..

They seem to be crossing CL fairly regularly.. So I can be patient. I don't have any paying jobs which need done tomorrow.. and Lord knows I can stay busy playing in the shop before I 'need' to drag one home..

And this pile of Cash from a car I probably shouldn't have sold, well for once isn't burning a hole it my pocket.. I am actually growing to kinda like it..

So..

I might drive out to Richmond tonight.. Still thinking about it.. He is just a couple bucks off where I think he should be.. and well.. I have it in twenties.. That is how I got paid.. and for some reason it seems to help.

Last edited by ronholm; 02-29-2012 at 07:14 PM.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctfromshawnee View Post
let us know what you get .. Chris
Ok.. So tonight I went to look at a CL ad for a plasma.. figured if I was going to settle for a used welder I could squeeze the budget and make that happen also...

I took only as much cash and trade items..(a pistol a never use) as I thought the Plasma would bring..

I ended up with a Hobart 625 Plasma.

A Sioux valve grinder setup (minus some parts for seat grinding)

A Miller Digital Elite Helmet

a FULL 80cf bottle.. of 75/25

Probably 50 lbs of .035 wire..

Some decent quality riveting tools..

AND...

A Hobart Beta Mig 200

A surprisingly nice welding machine.. Who knows.. I may not need the welder I still have room for in the budget..

Oh.. and I gave up the pistol... But not even all of the cash...

Last edited by ronholm; 03-01-2012 at 11:15 PM.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:28 PM

Default your new toys

looks like you did good . what kind of shape is the plasma and your 200 in are they very old ? Chris
Old 03-01-2012, 11:43 PM

The plasma is in very decent shape.. It has been used.. but I don't suspect very much..

The old beta mig 200 has been well loved.. it is clearly not new.. I will know more tomorrow... when I can really test it out... Once the plasma did its thing I wasn't terribly worried...

He even threw in an extra new Mig gun.. But it isn't the right end to hook up to the Beta mig...

Hopefully I can just buy the right adapter...

Still don't know about keeping it though.. I may clean it up and sell it.. That should make the difference in dragging home a brand spanking new 252..