All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > General Metal Shaping Discussion > Welding Sheet Metal
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 05-26-2011, 09:39 AM
MetalShaper of the Month October 2015

Default Everlast welding machines

I just finded out, a finish dealer has started to sell Everlast welding machines.I am considering, buyin a TIG inverter.If money would not be problem, i would go for Finish Kemppi, but 3000 eur...is too much. So could you tell me about Everlast machines,are they also from China....???Tell me your opinion..

--------- JJ ----------
Old 05-26-2011, 11:07 AM

Janne,

Look at weld That site is loaded with TIG welding info and they sell the Everlast Machines. Good or Bad? I do not know.

The TIG welding info is worth the visit in my opinion. The guy is a good welder.

Jim at "cutslikeplasma.com" also offers lots of info on oxy/acetelene welding and he sells the Cobra or Henrob torches.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:18 AM

in my experiance all or allot of the china tig inverter welders are fine machines

biggest differance with kempi or other knowen brands is parts when it brakes down

if its china its not repairable throw it away buy new one

hohever a friend of mine knows some electronic stuff and tells me china machines look often better then expensive machines, the inside i mean

dont buy machines with allot of things on it you wont use
whats not there cant brake down
Old 05-26-2011, 02:11 PM

Thanks for the replyes, Robert you are right, many people always say, that you canīt get spare parts for them, well my choice probably is going to be chinese machine.I donīt like the older, known brand machines, they require huge fuses....besides, the machine ainīt going to be used every day and 8 hours direct welding....

--------- JJ ----------
Old 05-26-2011, 03:13 PM

Default Welding site

Richard,
I visited the site, and, huge amount of information about welding..The guyīs opinion was everlast is a solid machine..I know, I know, if he sells them, he says they are good.It went past chinese machines, i have thought/and found to buy...from ebay...

--------- JJ ----------
Old 05-26-2011, 05:04 PM

Default everlast tig

Hi Janne
I have a Everlast Power Master 256 tig machine (now called Power Pro 256) and I works well for me I an a heavy duty hobby guy doing a good amount of welding in my project building. The Everlast units sold here in the US have a 5 year warranty.
I know other guys that have them too. They sell a wide range of machines. Mine is AC/DC pulse, stick, and plasma. Rated at 250 amp AC/DC and 60 amp Plasma.
I am well please with the Everlast I also have a Miller 180 Mig welder.

Have fun
Tom

Terms of Sale and Warranty for Everlast plasma cutters, welders and multiprocess units:

All new Everlast welders, plasma cutters and multi-process units shall be warrantied for a period to extend for 5 years from date of purchase against breakage, malfunction, or other unit failure resulting in manufacture defect. A simple exchange of a faulty unit will be made for a new or factory reconditioned unit at Everlast's discretion. The customer must contact the technical support team to review unit failure so that the warranty claim can be established. Items such as electrodes, contact tips, nozzles, cups, shields, liners etc, considered to be consumable items, are NOT under warranty except for defect in workmanship. Additionally, certain items such as torches, foot pedals and easily serviced parts may be individually exchanged without returning the entire unit assembly should a failure with these items occur, at Everlast's discretion.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg welding cart (2).jpg (47.8 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg welding cart (3).jpg (30.8 KB, 40 views)
Old 05-26-2011, 11:36 PM

i wont go into detail....
about a year ago , i bought an EVERLAST plasma machine/ tig...
straight out of the box it was bad.... sent it back after the tech guy had me taking it apart to trouble shoot it.. (i didnt like that, time is money with me) ..
got the replacement unit in .. straight ouf of the box.. the valve was sticking... and few other problems.. again .. on the phone 2 hours with tech guy taking my machine apart again!!! well, they had me send it back...

got the 3rd replacement unit... didnt WORK... took it apart.. and found few problems .. and still had the 2nd (since i didnt ship it back yet) , took parts off of it .. and finally got it working with the help of the tech guy... so 3 hours down the tube for me....

used the unit for 2 months off and on ... plasma was great... didnt like the tig machine.. the pedals sucks and didnt have much control for doing sheetmetal work...
then one day the machine belive it or not, the torch caught on fire in my hand... and the machine started smoking... apperently the valve went out and shorted some parts ....

i called Everlast... told them the problem... they said they were out of stock at the time on those units if i could wait 2 weeks... well month went by nothing... i called and still out of stock... so i asked if i could up grade and maybe one of there industrial units will do better.... they said it was in stock and i gave them my money...

needless to say.... its now 4+ months later, and i have yet to receive the machine....
i called , and they screen there calls , and do not call back.... i emailed.. only to get replys saying its be'n shipped, or out of stock...

i finally threated them for small claims court and BBB report and to contact my friends with some Magizens companies to publish my story....

yesterday i got a tracking number... eventhough i asked for a refund ...

so needless to say.... this has not set very well with me... and i knew i was taking a chance with some mail order company... but i was thinking i was helping out a new business....

so does no good having a 5 year warranty when you spend half the time waiting for the replacements...

i suggest sticking with some local places that sells machines... so if you do have problems... you can talk face to face with someone....
Old 05-27-2011, 01:20 AM

Maybe take a look at the gys machines made in France and very good price.
Old 05-28-2011, 10:35 AM

Thanks for all the answers!!

--------- JJ ----------
Old 08-19-2011, 10:23 PM

I have 2 machined
LX 225 tig and a 50 amp plasma
had trouble with shipping with dammage
the tech guys are there to help takes a little to get back to you
they helped to get my dammaged plasma to work till a new one got to me
the foot pedal is not quite right needs to be tweaked (adjusted)
there is a tech artical on using a 50 ohm reistor to make a finer adjustment for better low temp