All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > Metal Shaping Projects > Automotive Projects
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 03-01-2018, 06:42 PM
MetalShaper of the Month March 2018, August 2021,November 2023

Wow! I was very shocked to browse the forums this evening to see I was named MSOTM! Such an amazing recognition and honor with all the talented craftsmen on this forum! I’m especially humbled because as I mentioned early on I’m 100% self taught through trial and much error.

On as second note, I’ve been a little absent around here lately due to a busy life schedule with my young boys in sports. Basketball season is soon ending, then baseball starts! I enjoy that very much though.

In almost exactly one month I have another very large custom project scheduled to arrive.....as long as the client is okay with it, I’ll share as much of that build as I can here! I’m excited for that project to start.

Thanks again for all the compliments and words of encouragement, it means a lot.

Dane
Old 03-01-2018, 10:05 PM

Well earned MSOTM for sure. You owe me a new keyboard from drooling on the keyboard admiring your work and I have always thought that dodges looked horrible. Very nicely done.

Do you know what happened with the finishing of the truck or is it just collecting dust now?
Old 03-02-2018, 06:19 AM
MetalShaper of the Month Dec. 2019, Feb. 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty1295 View Post
Well earned MSOTM for sure. You owe me a new keyboard from drooling on the keyboard admiring your work and I have always thought that dodges looked horrible. Very nicely done.

Do you know what happened with the finishing of the truck or is it just collecting dust now?
X2.

You made an ugly Dodge look awesome.

my project:
http://www.allmetalshaping.com/showthread.php?t=154
Old 03-02-2018, 08:42 AM
MetalShaper of the Month March 2018, August 2021,November 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty1295 View Post

I don't really know what happened to it. At one point another shop reached out to me with questions / concerns about the customer and asked if I dealt with the same situations.....and I did to 100% which is why the project left my shop unfinished.

In that same conversation this shop told me that he had just recently painted the truck.

In all honesty, with how it all "went down" I unfortunately have no desire to see the truck ever or see how it turned out. I put a lot of time, effort and heart into that project and it turned real sour. All I could do was move on, forget about it and do more projects for other customers!

Dane
Old 03-02-2018, 12:08 PM

WOW WOW WOW theres some serious metal shaping and fabrication happening here, simply beautiful workmanship from a craftsman, gives all us amateurs something to aspire too \.

Well done
Old 03-02-2018, 01:38 PM
MetalShaper of the Month June 2018

Dane, the car is a credit to you and an inspiration to all the guys on here who aspire be be anywhere as good at customising as you.

There are an awful lot of people the world over that underestimate the skills that people have.

It's been enlightening to follow your progress.

Best regards. Mick
Old 03-02-2018, 02:17 PM

you made a great job and gratz for MSTOM you deserve it, hope you can show us more amazing work later
Old 03-04-2018, 06:10 PM

Thank you for sharing your journey on this job. It was very inspirational. The sad thing with customers that pay for things to be done is that they " might own the project, but they don't have any blood in it" Your passion for perfection can never be measured but the bad experiences cut deep. Good thing you walked away.
Old 03-04-2018, 09:36 PM
MetalShaper of the Month Novenber 2011, March 2017

Well deserved shaper of the month!

Mettelka Craft Metalshaping

Wanted, 41 Cadillac Fleetwood
Old 03-05-2018, 10:05 PM

Default Nicely done

Wow is all I can say. Nice to see excellent work. By the time your done you'll have a new truck!!