All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > Metal Shaping Stuff For Sale > Heads Up Announcements
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 08-25-2019, 08:29 AM

I built my own wheel frame and found a "great deall" on anvils on ebay. Of course the were crap and didn't work. The top. wheel was a cast iron castor with a about 1/16" of play. I bit the bullet and got a hardened ground upper from Joe and a set of lowers. They worked so beautifully and left such an awesome finish that I never thought of the price again. The problem is that i will never need another set. This will last for generations if well maintained.

I have no idea where one would go once he closes.
Old 08-25-2019, 05:58 PM

I've just received my lifter and adjuster from Joe and Peggy after a long hiatus where life got in the way. I previously invested in a hardened top wheel & full set of anvils with the intention of building a wheel. Life slips away and these two great people luckily still produce world beating products with a superb level of personal service. I can't blame them for their decision though I'm glad to note they are currently busier than they have been in three years but that doesn't mean it's going to last.

As has been said here their products last a lifetime which unfortunately goes against securing repeat orders but given their expertise, I would urge anyone thinking about what their future needs are is to - "Order It Now before it's too late!!!"

All companies have a life because they are managed by people with their own lives and lifetimes to lead. Hoosier Profiles is a family business that I appreciate because my parents had a similar enterprise. To take the level of knowledge, time and money that Joe & Peggy have invested makes me doubt that anyone will step into their shoes.

Best Regards to All here on AMS.
Old 09-06-2019, 06:43 AM

Sorry to hear. Along with the issue mentioned about limited repeat customers with a quality product, you also have too many people who don't understand quality anymore.

I've been meaning to put together an e-wheel for a couple years now. It looks like I better get on it this Fall - at least get the parts from Hoosier. Looking at the 3x8/2x3 set for a good all-around option unless I can be convinced otherwise.