All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > General Metal Shaping Discussion > Events
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 05-05-2010, 06:45 PM
Metalshaper of the Month, May 2010

You guys have a GREAT time! I'll be wishin' I was there!

Old 05-06-2010, 10:25 AM

I just shot some etching primer on the Lincoln-Zephyr pedal car and it'll be there, done enough to make a buck from.
Old 05-08-2010, 09:07 AM
Administrator

Hope you guys are having fun and taking a lot of pictures of what y'all are doing. Can't wait to see the pictures.

There is more than one way to go to town and they are all correct.
Old 05-08-2010, 05:35 PM

Joe, You had better to complain because yor represenative that you sent to the meet has not taken the time to send pictures.He is too busy eating barbque with Bennett. Dutch
(315)866-3034
comstockmetalshaping.com
Old 05-08-2010, 05:52 PM

Wow I've been so buisy I forgot the meet was this weekend If anyone can take some pictures of the Zephyr for me to run through the Photo modeling program send me a PM. I'll call whoever wants to take photos and figure out a way to Email the calibration grid and explain it's use. It's easy to do and should provide a good "digital" buck.
Boy sure wish I was there to take the pix myself and try out some of the neat "toys " I see y'all using Have fun guys!
Old 05-08-2010, 06:35 PM
Administrator

Dutch, I can believe that. tried to call him to ask him to make a sketch of the super structure on the Lincoln but he did not answer the phone. He does like barbecue.

There is more than one way to go to town and they are all correct.
Old 05-08-2010, 09:07 PM
Administrator

Location: Near Huntsville, Alabama. Just south of the Tennessee line off I65

yeah, yeah We're busy OK!

Great time. I've got lots of photos of the Zepher and the bondo buck. We finished the buck today and did the first set of flexible shape patterns. (I want to get two). Tomorrow I promised OJ I would make a couple panels.

No way to post photos until I get home.

Barbeque was great!
Old 05-09-2010, 08:35 PM

Default What a Meet!

I got back today just in time to take my Mom out for Dinner, and wanted to sign on here and say Thanks Again to Gator! I did not know what to expect after only going to MM meets, but let me say this. I had the Best time ever.
I know many of you have read about Gators Shop Tours and how nice neat and orderly he keeps his place but let me add that in my 28 years of being a Machinist I have never been so Impressed with the amount of so much High Tech Equipment in one location. If anyone is ever offered any Help or ideas from Gator open your ears and listen to the answers, I don't want to explain it any further than that because seeing is believing.
Gator has a Great wife and kids and I was Lucky enough to get to spend some time Talking to them.
Thanks for the Hospitality, the Food, the Drinks, the Tour, the Electricity, the Gas, the Belts, snips, cut off wheels, sheet metal, rods, wire, sticks, coffee, snacks, food, barbeque, the Tour and your Time. In return for all this Gator only wanted everyone to have a good time, well I did as did everyone else I spoke with.
These Regional Meets are Unbelievable, and the Complexity of the projects that are coming to the Meets continues to show that these online forums are a Great way of getting guys together who not only share the desire to Create, they also share the Skill Sets they have aquired. This sharing of knowledge has made it possible for many guys to tackle projects that only a few years ago they never would have.
It was Great to see many of my old friends from Meets Again, and it was Great to be able to Meet many New Guys whom I have talked to on the phone and by e-mails.
I had a Blast!
Decatur IN, 46733

Phone 260-301-9034
Fax 260-724-2236

Old 05-10-2010, 07:30 AM

Thanks Gator
I had another great time at your shop . Saw old friends met new ones , compared notes and shaped metal . Thanks again for the food and time .
James
Old 05-10-2010, 09:31 AM

Wow! What a great time, thanks again Gator for everything and for making me feel right at home, the first thing i did this morning was to put the 'Gator Meet 2010' sticker in the window of the front door of my shop, in the 15yrs i have been here only 3 other stickers have been added to the door.
It was truely a humbling experience to be surrounded by such high caliber people, true craftsmen one and all, and never was i given the impression that i was merely tolerated. I was accepted as an equal, treated with dignity and respect even though i was the dumbest apprentice they ever had to suffer with.
I especially want to thank Bennett for dragging Kerry up to the meet; John C. for wit and wisdom; Kirk for being Kirk; Ben for being a great guy; Ricks' family for being enthieusastic hosts (even tho i missed out on the home-made cool whip and pumpkin pie) and most especially for Kerry Pinkerton for being a brand new old time friend.
See you all next year for sure, oj