All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > General Metal Shaping Discussion > Events
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 05-10-2010, 11:44 AM

Well its another one in the books. I lack to say it was the best because all have been great in there own way. But it was the best one yet. There was a lot of old friends and some new friends walk through the door and all were welcome. Having Pedal Car Ben show up was an honor and he wins the long distance award. ( sorry kerry and bennet ). This is not to say anyone was less important than anyone else but the face i was most glad to see was John Buffington walk thru my door. John just got back from a tour overseas protecting us so we can do what we want and when we want.......THANK YOU MY FRIEND...

I felt honnered to have everyone there. Ron Nadia came for a couple of hours and stayed all day. That was great. Joe Andrews made the long haul as well as Will Cronkite. Boy did he have some stories and was a great guy. The captain was in great spirits as always and for a proclaimed metalshaper Kerry spread more bondo this weekend than most do in a year..LOL We just had to keep him away from the milling machine.LOL.. James, Bob, And sniker doodle Bill was quite the gang.

A special thanks to the guys who came in early thursday and helped to get ready.

Danielle ( mrs gator ) and Barb, Billy, Austin and Dakota. I could not have pulled this off wothout you. All the food, drink, and fellowship.

Thanks to everyone who came. You made it worth the effort. To anyone thinking about doing a meet as a host or guest, it will be the best thing you ever did. See ya next year.....Gator

Rick
Old 05-10-2010, 12:36 PM

Hi Gator,

Thanks for the great meet and plenty of food! Nice seeing everyone again. See you at Dutch's.

Bob
Old 05-10-2010, 06:39 PM
MetalShaper of the Month Jan 2019

Default Add my thanks as well

These are getting more fun and interesting the more I attend. I always learn way more that I expected. I also want to add my thanks to both John and Coy (sp?). Special thanks for the excellant shop tour and all the terrific food. Thanks Gator!
Old 05-11-2010, 08:28 PM
Administrator

Location: Near Huntsville, Alabama. Just south of the Tennessee line off I65

Great time at Gators! This was my first Gator meet although I've been to his shop a few times before. Great time. I spent the majority of the time working on the pedal car bondo buck with OJ and John Carpenter (look for a new thread when I recover from the trip.) OJ got to build a couple parts using the flexible shape patterns we made and fit them to the buck. It was a blast watching the light bulbs go off when it clicked!

John Carpenter brought his large HF wheel by Sunday and I have to admit that it's not bad. Quite usable in fact and with a couple minor tweeks could be a really good wheel imo.

There was some amazing stuff going on. James Bowler just blows me away with how easy he makes this metalshaping stuff look. Got to meet several folks that I only knew through the forums

Gator and Daniel were gracious hosts and I gained 3 pounds.
Just got home. Whupped. Sunday night Bennett and I drove up to Stan Lobitz and visited, then drove to Richmond for a shop tour with James Bowler before heading on down the interstate. Btw, I85 HAS to be the most boring drive on the east coast!
Old 05-12-2010, 12:31 PM

Gator,

You have a P.M.
Old 05-16-2010, 04:27 PM

Default ToolPics from Gatormeet 2010

Here are some tool pics that I took at Gatormeet 2010. Anyone have any others to post? The wide slapper in the last pic was given to me by 'WOK'. He learned to make this from touring Dan Shady's shop.
Old 05-16-2010, 04:28 PM

Default Whoops! where are the pics?

I thought I uploaded them ???
Old 05-16-2010, 04:30 PM

Default Try this photo upload again.

Hope this works better this time.

wd05 030.jpg
Old 05-16-2010, 04:31 PM

Default m,ore pics