All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > General Metal Shaping Discussion > Events
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 03-26-2010, 05:00 PM

Rick: see if you can see the photos in my album. There are more there that I didn't post. Here is the url: http://allmetalshaping.com/album.php?albumid=68
Old 03-26-2010, 06:01 PM

No problem seeing them in your album Carey. Just didn't show up in your post for me.

Thanks. I recognized some of the fine gentlemen I have had the pleasure of meeting.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:53 AM

Default Sun-n-Fun next week

Hey boys and girls it is almost time to do some metalshaping. Sun-n-Fun starts next week. I am busy making preparations. If you are in the area, come by and see us and shape some metal while you are here. Our Metalshapers Workshop is a "hands on" workshop. No experience required.
Charley: I would advise that you ride your scooter down and check out the camping arrangement.Go ahead and get your camping credentials. Your workshop credentials we will get from Monda inside the event. You may need to get your bus down there soon. i am sure that there are people in the campground all set up right now.
I will be heading down Sunday afternoon after church. Monday is setup day and all volunteers get the first shot at the flymart opening at 6pm on Monday. I have bought some neat tools at the flymart. After Monday the Flymart is open to anyone. The good stuff goes to the volunteers so that is a good perk.

Last edited by mr.c; 04-05-2010 at 08:57 AM.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:14 PM

While we're still on this subject, Carey - Please forgive me for addressing you as "Tuck" in a previous post. I guess my feeble brain was stuck on "Tuck Pucks" and I erred. Sorry.

One of the nice things about senility though is that everything is a new experience.
Old 04-10-2010, 01:20 PM

I was out at the Sun-N-Fun site today setting up our LZ and took a little hike. Seems thay have moved the Metalshaping demonstration across the road and into the end of the old wash house. At least you'll have a roof over your head in case of inclement weather and a bit of a wind block. Also, the "Blue Hootches" are adjacent to the building. Makes the necessary walk a bit shorter.

Just make sure you bring your hearing protection. Probably gonna be pretty loud at times inside that building.

Hope to see you fellows next week.
Old 04-10-2010, 01:40 PM

Rick: Thanks for the "heads up" I got that little bit of good news a week or two ago. I am downsizing what I bring. At one point I was considering bringing a metal lathe and trying some metal spinning. And trailering down my big wheel. I abandoned that and a lot of other stuff due to our limited space.
Having the porta-potties right outside does not thrill me in the least. I guess I need to bring an extra blower to make sure that doesn't come wafting in on the breeze. It seems like they really don't understand the value of the workshops. It is almost like they are trying to drive us away. It may work. There is what 12-13 different workshops that they keep moving around. They setup portable classrooms for the high school on our concrete pad. That was a waste of concrete. Hmmm my forklift will lift 11,000 pounds. Nah, I don't have time to make fork extensions.
Drop by and see us Rick. You don't happen to have an oversupply of steel shot do you? The HF in West Palm Beach nor Ocala had any when they were closing those out.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:26 AM

Didn't know if you knew of the changes or not, Carey. Seems like every year they play musical sites with a lot of demonstrations and displays. Oh well, I'm sure we'll all make it work. I don't think the big tent set up right in front of your demonstration is going to help though. Maybe they plan on letting you use part of it also. That would be nice since everything wouldn't have to be crammed in the building. As for parking your truck, don't know how that's going to be handled.

As for the steel shot, I think I may have a couple of jugs I haven't used. I'll check it out and let you know next week.

Later, and have a safe trip down.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:14 AM

Mr. C - I checked on the steel shot, and I have about a jug and 1/2. Probably between 35 and 40 lbs. total. I'll bring it in Tuesday if that'll be ok with you.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:38 AM

Yes, Rick. See you then.
Carey