All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > General Metal Shaping Discussion > Resources > Resources - Learning Material
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 08-30-2011, 07:37 PM
Administrator

Location: Near Huntsville, Alabama. Just south of the Tennessee line off I65
Default Cass Nawrocki's New Book

Last spring Dan Pate asked me to call his friend Cass Nawrocki regarding publishing a book that Cass was writing. Dan knew I had some experience in publishing. When I was up in Minnesota for Dan's spring meet, I was privileged to get to visit Cass at his shop.

Words cannot describe how impressed I was with Cass' work and his tools. This is a man who simply doesn't know that something can't be done so he just does it. There were more nuggets of wisdom from the couple hours we were there than my brain could process. My jaw was sore from hanging open.

Tonight Cass sent me the cover for his book. It is about 250 pages and is close to being sent to the printer.

COVER_s.jpg

The car that Cass is leaning on is a scratch built Mercedes SSK. Cass made the entire body from the wood framing (a work of art in itself), to the door latches, to the trim, and the sheet metal. All flawlessly metal finished and at a level of craftsmanship and skill I have NEVER seen before.

Cass tells me that he reveals all his secrets in this book and holds nothing back. I'm not aware what the price will be but I'll guarantee you that I'm first in line to place my order.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:53 PM

This book should be awesome. I've only seen pics of his work, but it looks amazing.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:55 PM
Administrator

I will be right behind you to get a copy of the book. Thanks for letting us know about it. Cass is one of the most unforgettable people I have ever met. You can't describe the skills this man has, he can do anything and it is perfect.

There is more than one way to go to town and they are all correct.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:17 PM
Administrator

Its always entertaining to bring my friends up for the pilgrimage to Cass' humble shop. I have been there several times and have brought people of all skill levels .The reaction is always the same, complete amasement. While he is showing some of his work or a piece of equipment, out of the corner of your eye you will catch sight of the most amasing little tool or what not that fills his shop .
What I found entertaining at the visit with Kerry and Joe was, that I was with 2 guys that have been around a lot of talented craftsmen.These guys know whats going on and to here Joe mumbling to himself and I ask what? His answer was I think I need to go home and learn how to SPELL metalshaping.Needless to say the ride home was quite fun .Anyone serious about the art of metal shapping and fabrication in general , needs to purchase one of his books.He has struggled getting this published , as everyone wanted to condense it.Well that stuborn Pollack wouldnt have any part of that and neither would all that will have the privelage to read it.Words just cant discribe this guy.Dan
Old 09-01-2011, 07:04 PM

I would definitely buy a book by Cass. Bill
Old 09-01-2011, 07:57 PM

Default book

Hi dan has cass published any other books that are for sale or is this the only one.
thanks peter d
Old 09-01-2011, 08:33 PM
MetalShaper of the Month Feb 2015

I'd like one too. You'll let us know when it's available?
Old 09-01-2011, 08:43 PM
Administrator

Location: Near Huntsville, Alabama. Just south of the Tennessee line off I65

This will be Cass' first book Peter.

Bob, He will notify me as soon as they are available and I'll post the ordering information and try to get the word out to all the various communities.
Old 09-03-2011, 04:02 PM

After seeing him featured in one of Tim Barton's books I wondered why he is not one of the well known craftsmen. The fact that he came up with the idea of pulling metal through dies with a come-along to make custom moldings tells me he is pretty creative. I'm looking forward to this book.
Old 09-03-2011, 04:18 PM

I was meaning to say he was featured in Tim Remus' book.