All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > GETTING STARTED > Introductions
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 04-27-2011, 01:51 PM

Default 'nother new member

Hey all,

Newbie here from California. I have been messing around with metal work since I first got a Jeep, about 15 years ago. I just didn't want to pay the ridiculous prices for the aftermarket pieces I wanted. Since my brother is a weldor/fabricator I learned from him and have taught myself some too.

I enjoy all aspects of metal work (ok, not grinding so much) but heavy stuff which is easy, and have recently started getting into a little blacksmithing and have also found a need to know about sheet metal work. Some of the sheet metal stuff I see is absolute art, and the way the pros use an e-wheel to make fenders etc. is amazing to me.

The metal work I do is for myself or friends and ranges from useful to yard art "junk" but it is relaxing and fun to make. I try to use good techniques and do things properly, even if it is going to sit outside.

I hope to learn to do some basic metal shaping, and maybe get beyond that. As a hobbiest there isn't enough time to learn all I want to do and have a full time job and family. But I try.