All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > Metal Shaping Stuff For Sale > Business Classifieds
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 05-23-2016, 07:28 AM

Default Drawing for Hammers

Bossing Mallets--colors.jpgAny Indy car enthusiasts in the land of AllMetalShaping.com? We’re getting all revved up for the Indianapolis 500. We normally do something for customers around race weekend, so it’s time to introduce AllMetalShaping.com to a drawing for some hammers.

To enter the drawing, you will need to answer a couple of simple questions: if you could have only one hammer in your toolbox or shop, which hammer would it be? And why? Please send a brief PM to me with your answers, and you will be entered in the drawing. Include your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place Indy 500 finishers in the PM, and you could win additional prizes.

The prizes are as follows:

1st Place: A set of bossing mallets, red, blue, or green, and a ball peen hammer of your choice (the attached photo shows the options for colors).
2nd Place: Two bossing mallets, and a ball peen hammer of your choice
3rd place: One bossing mallet, and a ball peen hammer of your choice

Have the correct winner and get drawn for 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place, and you can add a hammer of your choice to your winnings. Have the top three finishers in the correct order and get drawn for 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place, and you will receive a full set of hammers.

All submissions must come before the start of the race, and the drawing for the winners will be held Tuesday, May 31, 2016. I will announce the winners in this thread. This contest is only for the lower 48 states. If you have any questions, please send a PM to me. I will respond to all questions via PM.

Drivers, start your engines—good luck everybody!

Last edited by route56wingnut; 06-01-2016 at 05:45 AM.
Old 05-27-2016, 12:25 PM

Feel free to enter our drawing for some free hammers. We'll be taking entries for the next couple days.

I hope everybody gets to enjoy the holiday weekend.

Richard
Old 05-31-2016, 01:56 PM

We had fewer than three participants in our drawing. Weldtoride and Sataus entered and won prizes. Please get in touch with me via PM, Mark and Scott, and we'll get your hammers shipped out.

Thanks.
Old 05-31-2016, 04:07 PM
MetalShaper of the Month Feb 2015

Well dang, I guess I forgot to press the send button. Fair is fair, my fault. But since we are on the subject, if I could have only one hammer it would be the 16 oz Plumb claw hammer that I bought when I was 17. That was 50 years ago. I've used that hammer to repair or remodel every house I've ever owned and also used it to build my last 3 workshops/barns. It has been a good one. Congratulations to the winners.

Don't believe everything you think.
Old 05-31-2016, 06:44 PM
MetalShaper of the Month July 2010, Dec 2011, Nov 2014, Feb 2016, March 2021

Hi Richard,

Thanks for giving up your time and your hammers for all of us to have the chance to enter and win this competition.
I look forward to receiving and trying my new hammers when I receive them.

Scott
Old 06-08-2016, 07:56 AM
MetalShaper of the Month July 2010, Dec 2011, Nov 2014, Feb 2016, March 2021

Hi Richard,

Hammers turned up today, they look great and are of very good quality .
Thanks once again for putting the competition on for us and I look forward to using them.

Old 06-11-2016, 11:32 PM

Default Wow, WOW!

I am a proud winner!

Disclaimer: I have nothing to gain from this review, I already have possession of this set of hammers free and clear, no strings attached.

That said, these hammers are definitely in the "proud to own and use these" and "pass on to my son" category of tools:

I am a retired shop teacher, most of the way through that gig and to this day after "retiring" I have spent countless summers and more employed as a carpenter swinging various claw hammers, from 28 ounce framing hammers to 12 ounce trim hammers, so I feel I can recognize well balanced hammers.

These are definitely well balanced. Considering they are weighted, somebody did their homework pretty thoroughly. Even the large 47 ounce ball pein I choose has a great balance. Handles fit my large paws nicely, have good grips.

When I taught high school shop, I bought UHMW teardrop hammers from Ron Fournier for the school shop. They were also very nicely balanced, UHMW heads with wood handles. They stood up very well to student abuse; a hammer in the hands of a teenager is an awesome tool, or destructive toy, depending on the teenager's mood.

However, these Trusty-Cook hammers are weighted, and move metal with a different "authority" than the unweighted UHMW hammers. That said, for high school student use, I think I would stick to unweighted hammers. However, for my "advanced learner" use now, I find the extra weight very efficient.

Speaking of unweighted hammers, here's an example of the old croquet mallets I was using here at home in retirement. Advantage: they were nearly free, I carved them into many different profiles, including wedges. Disadvantage: very light, I was going to try "slugging" them ala cheating a wood baseball bat with drilling and lead fill.

Although some time has expired since the contest ended, shipping from Trusty-Cook was incredibly fast. I was away from this forum and didn't realize I was a winner until I logged on earlier this week, found out I won, and gave my info to Richard. Next thing I know there's a package in my mailbox, 2 days later.

Another very significant feature of these Trusty-Cook hammers:

Congratulations, Richard on a superb quality product, and thank you for sponsoring this contest.

Last edited by weldtoride; 06-18-2016 at 10:49 AM.
Old 06-13-2016, 07:15 AM

I bought a set of your bossing mallets and I was wondering can you get them in green now?
Adam