All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > Metal Shaping Stuff For Sale > Business Classifieds
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 01-07-2016, 06:37 AM
MetalShaper of the Month Jan 2019

I have just learned that the wheeling machines have been cast and machined and are at Peters for the final paint and component fitting and adjusting, prior to crating. The shipper has advised that the delivery is still on schedule for arrival in the US about mid February.
Old 01-09-2016, 09:02 AM

I just received this pictures of the new Tommassini wheeling machines in Peters shop, ready for shipment. It won't be long now.

IMG_0007sm.jpg

IMG_0008sm.jpg

IMG_0009sm.jpg
Old 01-13-2016, 01:09 PM
MetalShaper of the month Feb.-11, July - 2018, Sept. 2020

Some Hoosier Profile parts showed up for the new wheeling machine.. Joe does some real nice work..

Instagram @ mccartney_paint_and_custom

McCartney Paint and Custom YouTube channel
Old 01-13-2016, 02:10 PM

gee id love one of these but cant justify the $$ for the small amount that id use it :-)
Old 01-13-2016, 03:48 PM
MetalShaper of the Month Novenber 2011, March 2017

Wish I could afford one lol!

Mettelka Craft Metalshaping

Wanted, 41 Cadillac Fleetwood
Old 01-14-2016, 08:57 AM

Just received word that the Tommasini wheeling machines have left Peter's shop and are at the dock, waiting to be put on board. They are expected to arrive in about 30 days or so.

As an aside, if any of you sheet metal enthusiasts have an interest in acquiring one of these wheeling machines, the pricing has been more closely determined. The wheeling machine itself will be $3,100 for the next order only! A 'wheel' package is available from Hoosier profiles, here in the US for $750. These upper wheels have been made to accommodate the larger hub/bearings that are part of the Tommasini design, and include a 3" x 8" upper wheel and lower anvils of 4", 8", 12" and 24" full radius. Crating for shipping will be about $100 and nation wide shipping has been made VERY reasonable thru Fastenal. PM me if you have any questions.
Old 01-14-2016, 08:27 PM

I would love to have one to learn on. Might be a little crazy for a beginner to dive right in and spend that kind of money without any experience. However, I did buy some parts from Joe to build an English Wheel almost 5 years ago that I still haven't gotten to.
Old 04-19-2016, 01:20 PM
MetalShaper of the Month Feb 2015

I want to add my 2 cents to this thread. I picked up my wheel frame a few days ago but until lasts night hadn't had time to do anything with it. I worked out a deal with Peter to buy just the machined, unpainted casting thinking I'd make the machined components myself. So finally the point of this blurb: I was deburring an edge of one of the bores and the chips that the burring knife produced were long and curled more like steel chips and not crumbly like cast iron chips.
I know that Peter did destructive testing during the development of this machine and he finally arrived at a nodular casting that had the strength he was looking for. Years ago I worked for a company that made governors for big diesel engines. The standard product was common gray cast iron but the governors that we made for the military were made from nodular iron called ductile cast. These ductile castings were much tougher than the standard iron. This frame is that, nodular cast iron. Or to borrow a phrase from Per, Good Chit!

Don't believe everything you think.
Old 04-19-2016, 06:26 PM
MetalShaper of the Month May 2013, Dec 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobadame View Post
I want to add my 2 cents to this thread. I picked up my wheel frame a few days ago but until lasts night hadn't had time to do anything with it. I worked out a deal with Peter to buy just the machined, unpainted casting thinking I'd make the machined components myself. So finally the point of this blurb: I was deburring an edge of one of the bores and the chips that the burring knife produced were long and curled more like steel chips and not crumbly like cast iron chips.
I know that Peter did destructive testing during the development of this machine and he finally arrived at a nodular casting that had the strength he was looking for. Years ago I worked for a company that made governors for big diesel engines. The standard product was common gray cast iron but the governors that we made for the military were made from nodular iron called ductile cast. These ductile castings were much tougher than the standard iron. This frame is that, nodular cast iron. Or to borrow a phrase from Per, Good Chit!
Bob you are quite right ,we do use nodular iron on the casting but after testing a few of them, we decided to use other materials as well in order to give the casting the proper elasticity for all weather, simply because if they are used in a very very cold environment they will not brake
Peter

Metalshaping tools and dvds
www.handbuilt.net.au

Metalshaping clip on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEAh91hodPg

Making Monaro Quarter panel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIpOhz0uGRM
Old 04-22-2016, 11:22 AM

Default HandBuilt Wheels

Thanks Robert for showing off the Wheels!!

We appreciate the Kind Review!

Peggy
Decatur IN, 46733

Phone 260-301-9034
Fax 260-724-2236