All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > General Metal Shaping Discussion > Welding Sheet Metal
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 09-06-2013, 09:42 AM

Default Welding Show Chicago Nov 18-21

I was going to mention this at the end of a post on TIG tungstens, but then I thought it deserves its own thread:

http://www.fabtechexpo.com/

It's called Fabtech because the AWS show merged with a fabricating show years ago to the mutual benefit of both trade shows.

It is free to the trade, some of the seminars are at added cost. Any of you out there with a shop space, electricity and a power tool could technically be a "fabricator with under 20 employees" and hence qualify to get in. Pre-registration is free, decide at the last minute and you pay.

Once in, both shows are phenomenal. The welding side caters all the way from the pipeline welder's truck needs up to auto manufacturers' laser welding and everything in between. Just the array of abrasives offered by different manufacturers is mind boggling. The number of torch makers is always surprising. Lincoln, Esab, Miller, all the big guys are there with huge displays. There are also little start-ups with a new fixturing idea, or a single new tool.

The fabrication side has the same range, although is much heavier at the CNC laser/plasma/waterjet end of the spectrum. Many of the machines big and small are up and running, not just there. For me that is always like an amusement park, only way, way better. Loads of saw and sawblades there that would interest anyone here.

It's in Chicago every other year and alternates with Atlanta, so that may be closer for some of you next year.

I try and go every year it's in Chicago, it's that good.

Last edited by weldtoride; 09-06-2013 at 09:47 AM.