All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > General Metal Shaping Discussion > Resources
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 03-20-2014, 02:20 AM

Here also,in 2010 I think i paid and afterwards for the dvd.
Also send them several emails and until now got no response.
Maybe we should unite and get some pressure on...?
Old 03-20-2014, 09:09 AM

Joe, thanks for letting us know what you've tried to do on our behalf. I left a condolence message through the site some time ago after the news of Tim's passing was posted and I'm in the same boat as many here, paying for the complete set + DVD and having received 1 -4.

It's possible they may be having many difficulties in trying to meet outstanding commitments, you never know how organised Tim was or what the state of affairs at the time of his passing was. However it shouldn't prevent a realistic update about what is going on to resolve his estate, somebody obviously has access to the site to have posted Tim's obituary notice. I for one would appreciate any news good or bad, but to consistently ignore existing customers while accepting further orders and money for all seven books makes me both hopeful and concerned at the same time.

As has previously been said here, it would be a shame for Tim's good work to amount to nought. There is obviously customer goodwill and judging by what he had planned on the site, a lot more to come. I sincerely hope someone continues to take the project forward but I feel that if concerted group pressure were applied at this time it could result in Autofuturist being abandoned as the easiest option. Just my 2 pennies worth....
Old 03-20-2014, 03:18 PM

About a month ago I sent an e-mail to them asking if they needed help getting the books out. I said if they wanted me to I would put out a request for volunteers to help put the rest of it together. I never got a response.
Old 03-20-2014, 04:32 PM
MetalShaper of the Month Dec '14

Default Books????

Hi guys , very new here and only just found this thread and what look like amazing books.
Do I understand that the publishing and/ or distribution is in crisis??
Are the early books still being shipped ,or is everything on hold , not just the later ones.
I dont want to committ to something that has turned pearshaped, but I would love to add some support by purchasing the early ones if the project can go ahead,
Cheers Greg
Old 03-20-2014, 04:53 PM

Greg

Personally I'd hold fire until someone starts responding to comms and it becomes clear that normal trading has resumed.

Has anyone from AMS ordered 1-4 this year and received them?
Old 03-21-2014, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Foster View Post
About a month ago I sent an e-mail to them asking if they needed help getting the books out. I said if they wanted me to I would put out a request for volunteers to help put the rest of it together. I never got a response.
Bob, that's a great gesture of you and would at least expect some response from them!
Old 03-22-2014, 04:28 PM

Default Still no Response

I have sent a few e-mails with condolences about Tim and also inquired about Book % since it is complete ^ was to be going to the printer I do not see why 5 can't be sent, I know like many others in good faith I paid for all 7 up front and I have only up to book 4, When Tim was alive he always took the time to respond to any e-mails I would think that a family member would at least step up to the plate and give some indication to status of what to expect, I realize losing someone is a very traumatic situation, But this was also a business with real customers that have paid their hard earned money up front so this venture could be launched, a word would be NICE, if it is another year to wait for the books then so be it but let us know! You already have my money. If the family wants to sell the venture or needs financial help so the books can be completed if they would ask I am sure someone would be interested in assisting in the venture, These books weren't even offered to major stores like Barnes and Noble or Amazon I am sure they will do well if put out the correct way Tim put so much research into this project It can't be left to Die. just my 2cents worth
Old 03-22-2014, 07:38 PM
MetalShaper of the Month October '14 , April '16, July 2020, Jan 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by jehammer1952 View Post
I have sent a few e-mails with condolences about Tim and also inquired about Book % since it is complete ^ was to be going to the printer I do not see why 5 can't be sent, I know like many others in good faith I paid for all 7 up front and I have only up to book 4, When Tim was alive he always took the time to respond to any e-mails I would think that a family member would at least step up to the plate and give some indication to status of what to expect, I realize losing someone is a very traumatic situation, But this was also a business with real customers that have paid their hard earned money up front so this venture could be launched, a word would be NICE, if it is another year to wait for the books then so be it but let us know! You already have my money. If the family wants to sell the venture or needs financial help so the books can be completed if they would ask I am sure someone would be interested in assisting in the venture, These books weren't even offered to major stores like Barnes and Noble or Amazon I am sure they will do well if put out the correct way Tim put so much research into this project It can't be left to Die. just my 2cents worth
As a contributor and distributor of these books all I can say right now is that I am working on this problem. Tim was very forthcoming with me all along and I wish I had more news to offer everyone but it is a tough problem. All I can say is that I have refunded every one of our customers out of my own pocket, and I am still working on this problem.

I'm sorry things have gone so long, though I can sort of - maybe - understand his family view. Please try to be patient a little longer.

http://www.tinmantech.com

"All it takes is a little practical experience to blow the he!! out of a perfectly good theory." --- Lloyd Rosenquist, charter member AWS, 1919.
Old 03-23-2014, 07:44 PM

I'll say this: Tim Barton did a great job of telling the history and the story itself of the tools behind our forefathers in metal shaping -- some of it I knew and some of it was new and some of it corrected errors lost over the years. Hopefully with Tim's estate, someone there helps complete the distribution of the final chapters of the education he started telling us and that we yearned for -- or someone buys the works / publishing rights to finish the story so it isn't lost to time as the story he started to tell.

If I receive the remainder of the books -- fantastic. But if I don't, I had a lot of enjoyment from reading #'s 1-4 that I do not feel cheated by it as it was a good education and worth more than the price of the books received.

Last edited by Superleggera; 03-24-2014 at 03:10 PM.
Old 03-24-2014, 04:37 PM
MetalShaper of the Month Dec '14

Default Books surplus??

Gentlemen, there are over 5000 viewers of this thread .
Is there any chance that someone may have purchased more than one set of books 1-4 which may now be surplus to requirements??
Or , do any of the distributors have remaindered copies??
If so I would love to buy a set just to get started.
I am a bit gun-shy to sending money to the web page just on the offchance that it might get up again.
Please let me know .
Cheers Greg