All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > GETTING STARTED > Introductions
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 05-07-2017, 09:12 AM

Default Buenas dias.

Hi guys. Doug here. Guanacaste Welding Inc from Lake Arenal Guanacaste, Costa Rica. I've done industrial-structural fab for over 30 years.
I joined up because I find my work leaning in the artsy direction with some automotive tossed in which has led me to a finger brake, press brake, Pro_Tool bead roller which has led me to needing to shrink, stretch, planish, wheel etc.
Well. Import fees and transport of machinery here can kill a guys wallet pretty quick. My $2200 Jet 1240 quickly became a $3600 Jet 1240.
I joined this place since the rest of my machines will be hecho a mano and I need some hand holding on a few pieces !
I did some floor pan style bead roller work on an 18 ga shelf the other day which taught me quite a bit about metal movement and the bead roller. I was able to heat straighten it with a torch and a #3 simply because I'm ignorant as to the techniques metal mashers use before, and/or after, bead rolling.I wound up over at Tube watching a guy "pre-shrink" a piece before rolling a pattern with a monster machine from Bailey which began to show me a lil something.
Now I need to learn it all.
Help !