All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > Metal Shaping Stuff For Sale > Individual Classifieds
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 04-26-2016, 06:46 PM
MetalShaper of the Month October 2012

Default My 10 gauge power shear for sale.

I have listed my power shear on Craig’s list http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/tls/5558185024.html
I doubt most members here would be interested because of the 3 phase power but it’s kind of a shame because this shear has a lot of nice features and honestly needs nothing. Also it’s just too large for hobbyists even though it’s quite small for its capacity. If it doesn’t sell in a week or two I will probably list it on a eBay auction starting at 4K or slightly less. ~ John Buchtenkirch
Old 04-26-2016, 06:52 PM

I have seen this shear in action, and let me tell you, its a sweet unit, well taken care of, and well worth the money.

A very nice piece for a shop that needs burr free accurate cuts.

Marty
Old 05-09-2016, 08:36 AM

Sold my power shear to the first guy that looked at it. As soon as the guy saw how the “fast air gap adjustment” between the shear blades worked he had to have it. I was kind of hoping some metal shaper might buy it but knew it was very unlikely because of the size, cost and the 3 phase power problem.

I have enjoyed using it for nearly 20 years and actually made money (not figuring in inflation) when I sold it……. says a lot for buying quality used equipment manufactured by established companies in the first place, doesn’t it ? Also I was able to take on quite a few jobs thru the years that the lower capacity of my old jump shear just wouldn’t be able to handle. Good by old friend , I can only hope your replacement does as well . ~ John Buchtenkirch

Last edited by John Buchtenkirch; 05-10-2016 at 07:27 AM.
Old 05-10-2016, 11:32 AM

Many of you may not understand what I mean by a “fast air gap adjustment”. The distance between the cutting edges of shear blades as they pass each other is the air gap. The air gap has to increase as the thickness of the metal being cut increases. On older shears you had to unlock the bed that holds the lower blade and then set the air gap with feeler gauges before locking the bed, an operation that can take up to 2 hours. On the shear I just sold the bed is spring loaded outward and has a handle on each end with screw threads to pull the bed in & tighten the air gap. There was a dial indicator on each end that read the air gap and was marked with the gauge thickness of the metal to be cut at that gap. I was able to copy this system on my new (to me) ¼” rated shear because the bed is welded construction and that allowed me to modify it. A few taps on the handles is all I need to reset the air gap , that makes me a happy camper for sure. ~ John Buchtenkirch
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!S3.jpg