All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > General Metal Shaping Discussion > Events
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 03-28-2018, 02:44 PM
MetalShaper of the Month Mar. 2010

I am in for the tool exchange!!! I will also be transporting some door prizes for a couple people plus my door prizes. I am driving down this year so Will I will see you Sunday some time, I will see the rest of you for the round up!!

https://imperialwheelingmachines.com/
Old 03-28-2018, 05:52 PM
MetalShaper of the Month Jan 2019

Thanks Robert. I would like to acquire two sheets as well. How can we pay you for this?
Old 03-28-2018, 10:26 PM
MetalShaper of the month Feb.-11, July - 2018, Sept. 2020

We can square up at your place.. Anyone else in need of AKDQ 19?

Instagram @ mccartney_paint_and_custom

McCartney Paint and Custom YouTube channel
Old 03-29-2018, 07:52 AM

I will have several door prizes and a tool for the tool exchange. I am looking forward to seeing everyone.

Mike
Old 03-29-2018, 03:07 PM

Thanks Mike, I am looking forward to seeing you again. I want to learn more about the 'golden ratio???"

The Redneck birdbath just arrived.

Once again, another Redneck Powerhammer will be awarded at the fifth Redneck Roundup.

Rumor has it that a surprise attendee or two is in the making. I'm excited as hell!!!

Once again, we have been blessed with many who have offered door prizes, for which I am most appreciative.

Last edited by RockHillWill; 03-29-2018 at 03:10 PM.
Old 03-30-2018, 02:00 PM

As we have done in the past, I will have two tables available for aluminum gas welding. I have one MECO and one Henrob. If you have one or the other, feel free to bring it with you. Both of my gas welding tables are set up to favor Kent Whites approach to gas welding aluminum. I have ordered the latest flux from Kent and am optimistic that I have what will be needed. The only material that I have is .060 #3003 aluminum sheet and 1100 filler rod, so if your interests vary from that material you may want to bring the appropriate metal filler material and/or flux.

IMPORTANT: I am hoping that those of you that want to gas weld aluminum also remember to either bring one of Kent's aluminum welding lenses or have one sent here in time for the meet.

Last edited by RockHillWill; 03-30-2018 at 02:16 PM.
Old 04-01-2018, 08:27 AM

I am expecting much talent and knowledge to be attending again this year and with good fortune, much more than we have ever had at one meet in the past. Keep your fingers crossed.

It looks like we are going to have a good supply of items for the swap meet that is for small/hand held size items that folks might have for sale, both new and pre-owned. Feel free to bring some of your items that you are willing to part with.

We are going to have some VERY special items at the tool exchange this year. Some have already arrived and I have heard of some very cool stuff that will show up. Again, these are hand built items that are about $30-$60 or so in value. We have had as many as 16 folks in the tool exchange previously, and I am expecting that many or more this year. The tool exchange will be held on Friday afternoon this year, rather than Saturday afternoon. Each entrant will receive a ticket that will be placed in a jar, and removed one at a time for that ticket holder to pick his/her choice of an item on the table.

I want to again emphasize that I only have one of Kent Whites aluminum gas welding lenses and if you are planning on doing much in the way of aluminum gas welding that you either bring or acquire one of those lenses. I think that if you ordered one of them, or any of Kent's items (by Monday MORNING), there is a very good chance they will arrive in time for the meet. I do know of at least two attendees that will have one of Kents' gas welding lenses.

We will have both of the large fabricated wheeling machines and two of Peters cast iron wheeling machines for all to use. There is also going to be one (maybe two) of Bens Mechammers and Jim Hery is bringing one of Kent Whites planishing power hammers. There will be the usual Mittler Brothers clone power hammer, two of the Carl Adams designed 'Shrinkpositive' reciprocating machine set up for linear stretching and two deep throat power shrinkers, the P7 and assorted welders, several stumps and post dollies. Everyone is welcome to use any of these tools, but please bring a relatively small project to work on as space is limited.

Below are some pics of a metal trim repair tool that I made based on a tool that I saw at the last Oblong meet. I did ask the gentleman (Rick ?/metal polisher) for permission to redesign and build some for sale and he was most gracious to accommodate my request. I made four of them, but only have two left. They will be on the swap meet table at the Roundup. They are $120. The bottom tip is interchangeable and the top is a slide hammer.

WCSaturday 008.jpg

WCSaturday 009.jpg

WCSaturday 010.jpg

WCSaturday 011.jpg

Last edited by RockHillWill; 04-01-2018 at 08:47 AM.
Old 04-01-2018, 09:31 AM
ADMINISTRATOR MetalShaper of the Month Dec. '09 & May '11

Will

i am bringing door prizes , and tool exchange ⚒. Also cookies & string cheese !!!!
Happy Easter

steve

Last edited by Steve Hamilton; 04-01-2018 at 01:43 PM.
Old 04-01-2018, 10:53 AM
MetalShaper of the Month October 2012

Neat idea on the trim straightener Will. Kinda reminds me of a hand taping tool. Actually someone could make a tap holder and T handle that swaps out for part of what’s there to end up with a dual purpose tool. Oh boy, another project I really don’t need right now . ~ John Buchtenkirch
Old 04-03-2018, 07:59 PM

Two days before the fifth Redneck Roundup is to begin and the first day of another of Patman's classes. Some teaching and some eating. I got a little bit done on the speedster and Jim and I shortened the Humvee 2-man cargo divider to be used as a 4-man divider in the new build. Jimmy Matthews brought the grill that we will be cooking lunches on. All stainless steel made from abandoned metal collecting bins. We are trying to get prepared for the large crowd expected to be here along with a 'special surprise' attendee, rumored to be arriving at Charlotte Douglas Airport tomorrow afternoon.

RR18-Tue 002.jpg

RR18-Tue 003.jpg

RR18-Tue 006.jpg

RR18-Tue 007.jpg

RR18-Tue 008.jpg

RR18-Tue 009.jpg

RR18-Tue 012.jpg

RR18-Tue 013.jpg

Last edited by RockHillWill; 04-03-2018 at 08:04 PM.