All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > Metal Shaping Stuff For Sale > Business Classifieds
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 05-19-2009, 04:23 PM

Default Dhc 2000

Welding and Cutting for a novice or pro under $1000 for tanks regulators and all you need to get started.

or Around $300 for JUST the torch and welding tips (custom kit)

GREAT ON SHEETMETAL!

Cut steel like Plasma and weld like TIG

Go to the site and see the videos and pictures.

http://www.cut-like-plasma.com/

Call Jim 803-429-2545 for a DEAL or order online

Great product support by a USER, not just a seller

Pelion/Swansea,SC

803-429-2545

http://www.cut-like-plasma.com

synlube@gmail.com

The Best technical support for the Dillon/Henrob/DHC 2000 torch on this class M planet.

Last edited by jhnarial; 09-24-2010 at 05:51 PM.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:56 PM

Lightbulb WELDING only kit

Just trying to get some feedback here, Would anyone be interested in a "welding only" DHC/Henrob 2000 with the cutting capabilities (Tips and cutting attachments) removed from the kit for say $300?

Jim
Old 05-21-2009, 04:26 PM

Default Weighing options right now!

Hi Jim, been curious about the Henrob torch for years. I currently use a small Victor torch for my gas welding needs. I am going to a Demo Day at my local welding supply house in June to try out a couple of Smith products, the 'Little Torch' and the AW1A which is an aircraft torch.

I'm always interested in getting the 'best bang for the buck'.
What exactly are you offering?

What I am looking for is light, agile and comfortable to use on both steel and aluminum sheet. I'd also like to know, is there any truth to the rumor that a Henrob used on old Harly/Indian cases is the way to go? That old porus cast aluminum is the pits to weld. Do you have 1st hand knowledge of how well this works, or are you willing to try it and get back to us with your findings?

I've done this type of repair with a TIG and eventually won, but would not like to do it again! There has to be a better way or a better method/tool. OA with applied flux may be just what is needed, that coupled with the lo OA pressure settings may hold the answer to a very difficult welding repair.

Dan Stevens
dba, Steelsmith
Old 05-21-2009, 04:50 PM

Dan,

I can offer a very effective welding torch, While not as light or agile as the smaller torches like the Meco, smith little torch or such the mixing chamber in the DHC 2000 is different and therefore the flame is different, it has less unburned oxygen and less pressure coming out of the tip to blow out the puddle, the flame is also 600-900 Degrees F hotter so you heat the metal faster than a conventional torch and transfer less heat to the surrounding metal and reduce the HAZ (Heat Affected Zone) by around 50% compared to a conventional torch, not quite as small as tig, but in my opinion, Close, Also the weld is more ductile than Mig or Tig and more forgiving on dirty materials contaminated with oils or rust.

I have welded older aluminum castings with much success, no HD or Indian exactly, I do have customers who have reported good sucess too.
The porosity holds oil and other contaminants which our torch seems to burn up instead of trying to plant them into the metal, If some one has an old case they want send me I will try to weld it and take Video or pictures.

I can sell the Basic kit without cutting capabilities for $300 including shipping, pro kit $400, that is $79 off the normal price of kits with cutting attachments and tips.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:32 PM

Default Welding Meet

Hi Jim,

I heard from some guys down at Kerry's meet in February that you have hosted meets in previous years mainly to demonstrat the Henrob. Do you have any plans for this in the future? I for one would be interested.
Old 05-23-2009, 10:17 PM

Jim,

I plan on purchasing a torch from you in the future, but I want the cutting capabilities. I went to your website a week or so ago, I think the $379 kit was what I was interested in.
Old 05-24-2009, 09:11 AM

call me I can give you a better deal when you get ready
Old 05-24-2009, 09:25 AM
carbuilder

Jim I just started using my Henrod again for welding on the 41 COE fenders sheet metal. 18 & 19 Gage. I used a # 2 tip it was popping some time's. I went to your web site & I found out I should of been using the .5 tip is that correct, that is the tip with the small serrations around it correct or not. One other question is what is the check valve you mention. I have a lot of aluminum work coming up soon & need to get my aluminum welding up to par. As soon as the budget will allow I need new gages & hoses also thank you Danny.
Old 05-24-2009, 09:38 AM

Dan, I dont remember what size tip I use on sheet metal, i just recognize them by the hole size. I use the largest tip i can get away with without popping. Popping happens when there isnt enough gas flowing through the tip to keep it cool. step down a size or two and you should be allright. The check valve is a flame arrestor, mounted between the hoses and the torch, prevents flashback into the hoses if a bad POP occurs. not totally required, but an ounce of prevention...

Marty
Old 05-24-2009, 09:42 AM

I use the -0- (smooth) tip for 19 gauge with it cranked up and the .5 tip (thin v groove) for 16-18 gauge, the tip with serrations sounds like the 2.5 tip, if it has knurl marks similar to the copper cutting tip it is the "00" tip, if you do not have your manual there is one free for download on the website, it is at the bottom of the homepage on the right for now but will be moved to replacement parts as soon as my webmaster moves it.

It has pictures of all except the 1.5 tip which has 1 thin and 1 thick groove