All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > General Metal Shaping Discussion > Events
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 01-30-2019, 09:13 PM
Meet Hosts

Default Michigan metalshapers gathering

Michigan Metalshapers Gathering 2019

Announcing our dates for the gathering this year. April 26-27 Friday and Saturday. 9-6 each day. Hosted at Precision Guesswork Racecars facility in Hastings Mi. If you have an interest in metalshaping this is the event for you. Come and learn about various metalshaping tool s and methods. Share information and experiences with other shapers and do some hands on metalshaping.

Each day will be limited to 24 attendees maximum! Registration fee is $40 per day. Register by calling Andy at 269-948-9474 M-F 9AM-5PM.

Lunch will be provided each day for a donation.
Please remember your safety gear (glasses gloves hearing protection)

Our shop is equipped with English wheels, beater bags, stumps, mallets, shot bags, planishing hammers, reciprocating machines, stretcher/shrinkers, bead rollers.

You are encouraged to bring along your favorite tools also.

Precision Guesswork Racecars is located at 5625 Upton Rd. Hastings Mi 49058
Old 02-06-2019, 09:57 AM
Meet Hosts

Default Metalshaping classes May 17+18

After announcing the dates of the Metalshapers Gathering for 2019 I was asked to put together some classes for a smaller group of people. May 17 and 18 I will conduct classes on basic and advanced metalshaping. Class size will be limited to 6 students per day. Cost will be $200/day. This will be more of a structured tutorial/classroom situation than the metalshapers gathering. First day will cover hand tools-basic shrinking and stretching methods- project layout and planning-hammerforming-flow forming and hand finishing. Second day will cover English wheel training-planishing hammer instruction-reciprocating machine capabilities-some advanced metal finishing and edge finishing details. You don't have to come to the Fri session in order to attend the Sat one but I do recommend you do both in order if you are new to these processes. These classes will go 9-6 each day with a lunch served mid day. Any questions please call Andy at 269-948-9474. Classes will be held at Precision Guesswork Racecars. 5625 Upton Rd Hastings Mich.
Old 03-01-2019, 09:36 AM
Meet Hosts

Default Metalshaping classes May 17+18 2019

Well our meet is filled up with registries. Lots of interest this year. If you are still interested I will put you on an alternates list and call you if some one drops out. Thanks again for all the interest this year. As a side note I am still accepting registrations for a special training event on May17-18 Fri and Sat that is a more structured classroom type event. Limited to 6 people/day. $200/day . First day beginning metalshaping second more advanced. This event still has some spots available so call if interested. Thanks Andy 269-948-9474