All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > General Metal Shaping Discussion > General Discussion
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 08-01-2019, 05:46 AM
StuUK

Default Seeking information re Rapport car company bodies

Have just bought the remains of the only Rapport Forte convertible built and also have an interest in finding out more re the Rapport International company.

Pictures are thin on the ground. Time period for Rapport production was 1976 to 1983 approximately. My car built circa 1979/80. Understand the body making was done in Park Royal in London, Woking and Northampton.

So there you have it! Any help with who the companies making the bodies were, pictures of your time at the factory, anecdotes etc, etc would be gratefully appreciated.

As well as Forte they produced modified Range Rovers, convertible Metro and a car called a Ritz. Pictures of my car and others below.

Old 08-01-2019, 08:35 AM
Administrator

Wow, a convertible Metro – who knew they were a thing?!

I'd never heard of Rapport International, so thanks for posting
Old 08-02-2019, 08:10 PM

Somewhere in the "piling system" I have a news article on the Forte although, from memory, it only has that same press photo that's in the article you posted. I'll have a dig around for it if you're interested. Would have been "Alternative Cars" magazine sometime in the early '80s so you may already have it.

I remember liking the car a lot when I read about it at the time. What work does it need to get back on the road?

Edit: Found your post on Pistonheads. I'm confident you will already know more than any tiny bit of info I might dredge up. Best of luck with the restoration.

Dominic

Last edited by petersod; 08-02-2019 at 08:18 PM.
Old 08-06-2019, 08:42 AM
StuUK

It needs a LOT of work to get back on road.

Have been given the name of the person who built the body. Tony/Anthony/Antony England. Possibly from Woking. Trying to find if he is still around.