All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > General Metal Shaping Discussion > Welding Sheet Metal
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 06-25-2013, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate Lagler View Post
I have a 200DX at home and use a Sync 250 at work that is probably older than I am. I love my Dynasty, but I still get stuff done fine with the Sync. I'd recommend the Dynasty to anyone, but it doesn't mean the Syncrowave machines are no good.
What is it you guys are doing to blow your boards? If I'm not welding I usually don't have the machine plugged in, is it something that occurs while you are using it?
Call any welder repair shop in the nation and they will tell you they replace boards on all inverters. I have a lincoln v-205 with a board that was 2800$. I have a miller Dynasty 300 with a bad board. It was 800$. Most welding repair shops have them laying around and they will tell you to buy transformer rect. machines. They are like a computer or tv they just die.
http://coxequipment.com/
http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...eq-but-no-Amps
http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...t=Dynasty-200-
Old 06-25-2013, 09:17 PM

read this

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...e-a-short-life
Old 07-24-2013, 09:17 AM

I've welded with a Dynasty 200 and they are really great. That said, I can't really afford to invest that much in a welder. I will have to get by with my trusty Syncrowave 200. It does what I need very well.

I would think that the principal benefit of a Dynasty or other similar inverter machine would be in welding aluminum.

I understand that repairs would be more expensive on inverters but they are also very reliable and seldom cause trouble. I'd have to save up for a long time to get one, though. LOL.
Enco 13X40 Lathe
Miller Syncrowave 200
Millermatic 252
Old 07-25-2013, 10:59 PM

I am a welder repair tech....That being said you cant beat the weld control of a dynasty but it is an inverter. The Syncrowave is an old transformer 60HZ machine but they almost never die, don't cost a fortune to repair if they do have a problem. If a Dynasty has a failed off/on switch it can take out an IGBT and that will usually cause catastrophic failure. If your Dynasty fails outside of the warranty period you might just as well throw it in the dumpster because it will cost more than its worth to repair. I would keep the Syncrowave only because of repair cost and durability. Also you wont have your buddies wanting to tote your Syncrowave to their house to use it because its as heavy as a pickup.

Just my 2 cents worth from a repair standpoint.

Rod
Old 07-25-2013, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod S. View Post
I am a welder repair tech....That being said you cant beat the weld control of a dynasty but it is an inverter. The Syncrowave is an old transformer 60HZ machine but they almost never die, don't cost a fortune to repair if they do have a problem. If a Dynasty has a failed off/on switch it can take out an IGBT and that will usually cause catastrophic failure. If your Dynasty fails outside of the warranty period you might just as well throw it in the dumpster because it will cost more than its worth to repair. I would keep the Syncrowave only because of repair cost and durability. Also you wont have your buddies wanting to tote your Syncrowave to their house to use it because its as heavy as a pickup.

Just my 2 cents worth from a repair standpoint.

Rod
I'll second that on mobility. I get requests to take my welder to other locations for other people's convenience. Usually starts out as, "Well, wouldn't it just be easier for you to bring your welder here?" To which I reply, "Easier for who?"

On a side note, the syncrowave 250 at work was acting up, so the boss got me a new Dynasty 200 runner package. I don't even miss that syncrowave a little. As was said earlier, it feels like I'm cheating. I'm sure I'll sing a different tune if my Dynasty ever craps out, but that won't change the difference in performance of the working machines.