All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > GETTING STARTED > Introductions
Register All Albums Event Calendar Today's Posts Search
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 01-26-2017, 02:47 AM

Location: Ondrejov, small town in the middle of the Czech Republic
Default Hello from Czechoslovakia

Hello,
my name is Jacob and I live in heart of europe, Czech republic (former Czechoslovakia). I've lived in US for 8 years, had a repair and a machine shop in South Carolina, took a class over at Kent White, where I learned welding aluminium with oxy/acetylene torch (that was my old dream) and shrinking and lots of other good stuff. Then I returned back to Czech rep. and worked as a technical support for a Caterpillar dealer to be able to get and pay the morgage on the my shop building. Last year I realized, that being in the office and sitting at the computer most of the time is not what I wanna do with my life, so I quit and started setting up my own shop. Sheet metal shaping is something I always wanted to do, but I was to scared to do it for living, so I just played around with it. So last year I said what the heck, I'll be 40 soon, so I better get to it! I got order for making a series of parts for vintage motorcycles, so that is what I'm working on now (I will post a picture, once I figure it out). I got also a request to build a rear fenders for 1930 Chevy and for that I figured it would be nice to have an english wheel, so I decided to build me one. I have a frame from an old atmospheric hammer, that I belive is sturdy enough to be adapted for. Now I am in a process of making lower wheels and trying to figure out how to cut the propper radius and that's how I found out about this website.

Thanks for your patience in reading this, if you got all the way down here, you certainly have one and have a nice day.

Jacob
Old 01-26-2017, 04:09 AM
MetalShaper of the Month April 2020, September 2021, November 2022

Default Hallo from CZ

I am Jaroslav and live 100 km near Prague. If you want something for konsultations I have not problem. send me e-mail: zak-mail@volny.cz