All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > Metal Shaping Stuff For Sale > Business Classifieds
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 04-24-2010, 07:03 PM

No sir, just this one thread.

Little
Old 04-24-2010, 07:34 PM

Little: The photos were edited in after the original post. I have lost too many long postings and generally add the photos later for that reason. I don't know why they don't come up for you. Have you tried refreshing the page?
Old 04-24-2010, 08:33 PM

Yeah, I have. I can see all the rest just fine.
It must be on my end. I'll check yours out on the gallery page, thanks

Little
Old 04-24-2010, 08:59 PM
Administrator

Little, can you see the pictures now? I modified the address for the attachments.

There is more than one way to go to town and they are all correct.
Old 04-24-2010, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Hartson View Post
Little, can you see the pictures now? I modified the address for the attachments.
I see hammers now, Joe. Thanks

Those really are some beauties, Mr.C. Do they come in a velvet case?
Old 05-08-2010, 08:45 AM

Default Mr C. shipping

HI Mr.C

Not sure if you know but you can go to ther web pages for UPS,FedEx and USPO and plug in the info about you package (size & weight)and zip code and you can find the shipping cost. I you don't know the zip just pick the longest distance and state shipping will be not more the that. Both FedEx and UPS will pickup at you site if you have multiples to ship at once.
I agree UHMW and a lathe do't mix well all the time.

have fun
Tom

Tom
Old 05-08-2010, 09:47 AM

Default shipping

Thanks Tom. I am still looking for the cheapest way to ship these mallets. None of the USPS flat rate boxes are long enough. I am considering just folding a piece of cardboard and taping that up. Shipping has been the reason that I haven't actively produced the mallets all along. I just need to take a day and take a mallet to each of the shippers and see what it will cost. International shipping will probably be cost prohibitive. I have shipped TuckPucks all over the planet in the flat rate envelopes and the small flat rate boxes. At one time it was $11 anywhere on the planet. I think that it is about $13 now.
I got side tracked with a bunch of domestic jobs that my wife got me into. I did finish the high tech chicken coop and moved the ladies into that last week. Now I have about 800 feet of property that has limbs that the power company dropped that I have to gather up and run through my chipper (and it was 97 here last week). My wife signed off on that while I was at Sun-n-Fun. What a mess. Right when I was ready to start on the balcony in my shop to make some more floor space.

Here is my metal working project of the last few weeks. The "chicken coupe" (not enough doors to be a chicken sedan). It is made from left over materials from erecting my building and some from erecting our new church sanctuary. I do like to use materials at hand. Insulated and sheeted with metal inside as well. With balcony and custom oak tree perch. The Taj Mahal of chicken condos. All metal. The girls love it. Those better be some delicious eggs.

Last edited by mr.c; 05-08-2010 at 09:57 AM.
Old 05-08-2010, 01:12 PM

I Mr.C
High 90's already I live in north Florida and we have not been close to that yet. You have an insulated roof for the girls so you must get hot there.
I received a catalog form a company called Uline (uline.com) they have all size boxes for shipping. 12" X 6" X 4" $.42 each for 25 for example. maybe you can find something there to help you there. I use Fed Ex ground and think they have the best rate.

have fun
Tom
Old 05-08-2010, 03:21 PM

Tom: I was looking at box companies yesterday and it would be almost $2 for an appropriate sized box to ship the mallet. Actually more because of shipping the boxes to me.
What part of N. Florida? I am in Ocala which I guess is north central FL. more north than central.

Last edited by mr.c; 05-08-2010 at 03:36 PM.
Old 05-08-2010, 06:45 PM

We ship a lot of my custom woodworking tools.Try uline.com for boxes. I use a lot in several different sizes, and they should cost you well under $1 in bundles of 25. USPS has several sizes other than flat rate that are larger, and free. We use Fedex and USPS, UPS almost never.

If you sign up with USPS, you can print your postage/mailing label on-line and you get a discount. It's VERY simple. It's easy to check rates for Fedex and USPS on-line. USPS will pick up for you, too.

John