All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > Miscellaneous stuff you need to know > Announcements
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 04-24-2010, 08:12 AM
Administrator

Location: Near Huntsville, Alabama. Just south of the Tennessee line off I65
Default Two new forums

After discussion with the admin team, we have decided to add two new forums.

A sheet metal spinning forum was added as a place where we can talk about all aspects of metal spinning.

The CLASSIFIEDS forum was split into two forums, INDIVIDUAL and BUSINESS. Ads were moved into the business classifieds as appropriate. We did this because the business ads which are long lived were getting buryed by the volumn of individual for sale items which typically are short lived. It's pretty obvious which section you should use. If you are a business listing things you make or stock, they go in business. If you are an individual or a business selling your personal widgit, it goes in the individual forum.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:13 AM
Metalshaper of the Month, May 2010

Spinning is something I'd love to learn about. However it seems to be shrouded in mystery. I've never been able to find any specific info on it. All I've seen or read was very vague descriptions of the process. I really hope someone can post some stuff in there. Thanks for the forum addition.

Old 04-25-2010, 06:07 PM

Default Kmac

There is quite a bit about spinning on u-tube and it is interesting. I had a business next door to me several years ago that was into spinning and I found it really interesting. At the time the guy had me practising it when his machine was not producing product. I picked it up pretty quickly. I haved always wanted to do more and now that I have a lathe I will do it again.It would be great for a headlite bucket or such and quick too.
Kenny