All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > Metal Shaping Projects > Automotive Projects
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-01-2017, 11:15 PM
MetalShaper of the Month Jan 2018

Post Drivers door – door card finished

Making more progress on driver’s door. I want to make sure the windows don’t have air whistling in around them. So, I spent some time on the internet looking for seals that would also finish off the openings. I got lucky and found some beltline trim seals for both the inside and outside that dress up and finish off where the window meets the door frame. I installed the inside beltline trim to the inner door frame using some small socket head screws.

I’m down to the final preparation prior to making and installing the door skins. I decided it was time to metal finish the inner door frame. I’ve decided to keep the inner frame and door cards in polished aluminum so it was time to remove all the scratches. The drivers door inner frame was my first ever attempt at building door so there was lots of metal finishing to do

After about a day of sanding I had everything evened up, all the scratches out and it wet sanded down to 600 grit. It looked much better. Here it is after assembly with the new door card in place.