All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > General Metal Shaping Discussion > Basic questions and answers
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 12-12-2018, 09:52 PM
ADMINISTRATOR MetalShaper of the Month August 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palat View Post
Hello all

I have been providing files for buck-making, starting with a 3dmodel that can be viewed and rotated by the client in Autodesk Viewer until all issues are dealt then the sectioning are made. All sections are notched so that longitudinal and transverse/cross fit snugly into each other.
Each section from the 3dmodel is made of small straight lines that have to be manually redone with Bezier curves for a cleaned up result. The sections are temporarily extruded and a 3d buck is submitted to the client in Autodesk Viewer for a general appraisal. Each section is ID'd by a number or brief description cut in it.
Examples of 3dmodels and their bucks i have made can be found here.

Hi Dan,

I would be interested in full size buck drawings you have for a Maserati 300S. Should I email you, or you can contact me at bill.tromblay@gmail.com

Nice work,

Thanks, Bill

"A sign of a good machinist, is one who can fix his F$@& Ups" My mentor and friend, Gil Zietz Micro Metric Machine.
Old 01-03-2019, 06:30 AM

One thing which may be overlooked is to make sure your model is accurate. If you are talking about a model car etc it is my understanding that in some cases the proportions are changed during the scaling down process allowing the model look proportional in its scaled down version. If it is then scaled up you might find the proportion are off. Ie a roof that is 6"too high or a buck that is 1 ft longer than the original.