All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > Metal Shaping Stuff For Sale > Business Classifieds
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 11-23-2015, 08:19 AM
MetalShaper of the Month Jan 2019

Default Tommasini Cast Iron English wheels will be arriving soon in US

During the Peter Tommasini metal shaping seminar held here in Rock Hill, while Peter was explaining his tendency to use the full radius lower anvils, a discussion regarding English wheel design was brought up and Peter took a few minutes to explain the design process for his 30" throat bench mounted cast iron wheeling machine. One of the attendees purchased one and since then two others have ordered one. Peter mentioned that freight to the US would be reduced substantially if more than one at a time were shipped and that gentleman offered to store them at his construction building until others could arrange pick up. Peter did some research that if five were shipped at the same time, he could sell these wheeling machines for $3,000 US less wheel and anvils.

To make a long story short, I agreed to pick up the wheeling machines at the Charleston, S.C. port and deliver them to Jimmy Matthews shop building and make shipping arrangements for those not able to get to Rock Hill, S.C. I made a small inquiry to Fastenal and asked for some sample shipping 'ESTIMATES' for shipping the wheeling machines to some US cities. From Rock Hill, S.C. to Cincinnati, Ohio for example, the charge was about $125. To Denver, Colorado it was $200, and to L.A. it was $250. Mr. Matthews mentioned that he would add a small 'box' to a pallet (a Fastenal requirement for insuring) for a small, but yet undetermined fee.

I will be contacting those that have ordered the three wheels and asking for the $1,500 deposit before shipping, and will ask for the balance, including shipping upon arrival at Mr. Matthews storage building.

While at the class Peter contacted Joe Andrews at Hoosier Profiles and they worked out a wheel 'package' per Peters specifications. It will be an 8" x 3" hardened upper wheel with a sharper than normal radius, and four 3 x 3 lower unhardened anvils with 36", 24", 12", and 8-1/2" radii. Joe agreed to sell this 'kit' for $745 INCLUDING freight. (in the US).

PM Peter, or me if you wish, for additional information on how to make a deposit on the remaining two wheels that are available. Current delivery estimates is about the end of January, 2016. You could pick them up at the Redneck Roundup in February, if desired. Jimmy Matthews shop is only about 4 miles from my shop.
Old 11-23-2015, 06:38 PM
MetalShaper of the Month May 2013, Dec 2013

SAM_3467.JPG

SAM_3469.jpg

SAM_3399.jpg

SAM_3402.jpg

SAM_3405.JPG

SAM_3407.jpg

SAM_3292.jpg

SAM_3551.jpg

SAM_3553.jpg

SAM_3555.jpgHere some pics of the small Cast wheeling machine that will be shipped to the US( less top wheel and lower anvils ) as explained by Will
We can also send it complete ready to use (if required )
Peter

Metalshaping tools and dvds
www.handbuilt.net.au

Metalshaping clip on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEAh91hodPg

Making Monaro Quarter panel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIpOhz0uGRM

Last edited by route56wingnut; 11-23-2015 at 08:02 PM.
Old 11-24-2015, 07:39 AM

A fourth order has been received. there is only one not spoken for in this shipment.

The wheeling machine with wheels weighs about 160 kg = 353 pounds.
Old 11-25-2015, 07:01 AM

The initial shipment of five wheeling machines has been sold.

An additional shipment is being prepared for shipment next year. If you have any interest in the next shipment, PM Peter Tommasini, or perhaps, I can help.

I have confirmed some estimated shipping costs for various locations within the US, from Rock Hill, S.C.:

Cincinnati, Ohio --------$150
Capitol Heights, MD.----$150
Denver, Colo.-----------$200
L.A., Calif.---------------$225

Again, there will also be a small crating and delivery fee to the Fastenal location, as yet to be determined. The crating is a Fastenal requirement for loading and insuring.
Old 11-28-2015, 06:04 AM
MetalShaper of the Month Dec '14

I have one of Peter's wheels, made a frame to put it on ,and haven't looked back!! As an amatuer I am really enjoying it and have made some simple panels and test pieces.
I am about to embark on a complete Aluminium racing car body .
I will keep you abreast of progress.
I couldn't recommend this wheel more highly ,
Cheers Greg

Second set of pictures from my phone 564.jpg
Old 11-28-2015, 07:03 AM

I used one of Peter's wheeling machines and they are really really good ......don't look at it so much as money that's spent, it's more money invested in something that will pay dividends every day.

You won't regret having one of these weather your new to metal shaping or been in it your whole life and have struggled with a poor wheel for years.

Tools of this quality are not usually available forever.........

Think long think wrong.....