All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > Miscellaneous stuff you need to know > Comments and Suggestions
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 03-29-2018, 09:11 AM
MetalShaper of the month Feb.-11, July - 2018, Sept. 2020

It's either a scam or Dan's already bought it..

Instagram @ mccartney_paint_and_custom

McCartney Paint and Custom YouTube channel
Old 03-29-2018, 11:05 AM

Thank you guys for the education and pointers. I truly appreciate that.

I want to close the deal soon. I'm going to get more pictures of the few accessories they said they have like basic dies and I'm hoping for a center bottom tool holder as well. I will post here once I get'em. I spoke with them this morning and they said they don't have the motor cover that is missing but that's is not a deal beaker by any stretch, can be easily fabricated, would be nice to have it tho.

I just cleaned and organized the shop last week because it was getting to crowded and tight. I definitely don't have the space for it but I will make some probably by getting rid of great 10 x 5 fab table but I have 2 so that will have to do it.

I can't thank you guys enough for the valuable information and resource. You guys are great!
Old 03-29-2018, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dussemberg View Post
I want to close the deal soon. I'm going to get more pictures of the few accessories
I’d be driving to them and handing them the cash those things disappear quickly
Old 03-29-2018, 12:46 PM
MetalShaper of the month Feb.-11, July - 2018, Sept. 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul New View Post
I’d be driving to them and handing them the cash those things disappear quickly
The price (too good to be true) suggests not to wire money, but to take it in person. Can I ask where the item is supposedly located? Image search shows it in Brazil, so I hopefully these images aren't being used all over the place like the cast wheel in UK that's been sold fifty times on ebay...

Instagram @ mccartney_paint_and_custom

McCartney Paint and Custom YouTube channel

Last edited by MP&C; 03-29-2018 at 12:49 PM.
Old 03-29-2018, 03:40 PM
MetalShaper of the Month January 2020, March 2022

Yup, no kidding. Since searchtempest went way, searching a Craigslist item nationwide has become much less simple. So has verifying that a listing or item as likely bogus. Now there's a significant number of good/great deals, like a Ducati bevel twin with NCR body work & such for approx $7k and a Dodge 330 presented as a legit super stock with the aluminum body panels for approx $20k both currently on c/l in numerous cities with only an email for contact. Total phishing scam stuff.

That P21 looks to be a great deal, too great imho. The photographs are taken in a whitewashed concrete room with no windows, so no telling what, where, when or ?? That's basically sop for a scam listings.

It might be real. Proceed, but do it with caution.
Old 03-29-2018, 07:34 PM

Well I got a few more pictures of the tool holder and collects. The centered lower tool holder is the most valuable to me and that's what they have and I'm good with that. As far as tooling goes, there is not much there other than a whole punch, square punch and some other that I can't remember what it was, ohh well.

Here are some more pictures I got this evening, not much. I'm waiting on a video of the machine running and that's is going to make me pull the trigger or not, we'll see.

I'll upload the video to youtube and I will post the link here as soon as I get it.

Regarding the source where the machine comes from, I can tell you is a very real thing, no scam there I can guarantee you. It's a long story for some other day.

The concerns most of you have are totally legit and I appreciate the advice and as I continue on this suicidal path I hope I can count on you guys to save me from myself

I can't thank you enough guys.

P21-5.jpg

P21-6.jpg

P21-7.jpg

P21-8.jpg
Old 03-29-2018, 08:51 PM

That’s not the center tool holder, that’s a punch holder? As far as waiting for a video of it running, I think your missing the suggestions?
That machine is a once in a lifetime deal! If it was me, weather I needed it or not, even if it didn’t have any tooling and didn’t run, I still would be in my truck with a wad of cash! I would pay them what they’re asking without hesitation and be on my way!!!!

To give you a price point, I bought a similarly equipped machine and paid twice the price! I was happy to get the machine! I have yet to find another one in the last five years for the same price!

Last edited by BSG; 03-29-2018 at 08:59 PM.
Old 03-29-2018, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSG View Post
To give you a price point, I bought a similarly equipped machine and paid twice the price! I was happy to get the machine! I have yet to find another one in the last five years for the same price!

I would pay him twice his purchase price for this machine
Old 03-29-2018, 09:19 PM
MetalShaper of the Month January 2020, March 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dussemberg View Post
Regarding the source where the machine comes from, I can tell you is a very real thing, no scam there I can guarantee you. It's a long story for some other day.

The concerns most of you have are totally legit and I appreciate the advice and as I continue on this suicidal path I hope I can count on you guys to save me from myself

I can't thank you enough .
Well, when you need saving and this machine needs to move on from your shrine of self-indulgence, please consider calling me. Just want you to know that you can count on me.........

Good luck with the transaction.
Old 03-29-2018, 09:50 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP&C View Post
It's either a scam or Dan's already bought it..
My Truck won't make it that far