All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > General Metal Shaping Discussion > Events
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 03-06-2018, 09:55 PM

Slightly off topic but I'm looking for a stump. Having a hard time finding one of any decent diameter around here. If you have one and can bring it to the Roundup I'll be glad to pay whatever you think is fair for it. Thanks.
Old 03-07-2018, 06:34 AM
MetalShaper of the Month Jan 2019

Thanks, Jari, Duck, Steve, Andrew and Chris. I will put the word out about a stump. Chances are good that I can help there.
Old 03-10-2018, 06:14 PM
MetalShaper of the Month June 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHillWill View Post
Thanks, Jari, Duck, Steve, Andrew and Chris. I will put the word out about a stump. Chances are good that I can help there.
I know Jeff Newton is in as well.
Old 03-10-2018, 08:17 PM

Andrew is correct. I plan on being there the whole meet.
Old 03-11-2018, 06:51 PM

Finally, getting underway on preparations. New baby goats, tractor and transportation repairs, etc. are in the rearview mirror and work began in earnest today when Mike Yurko came down from North Carolina with a handful of door prizes for the welders, and was a great help in doing some welding on a few door prizes, tool exchange items and some items that needed to be taken care of to get the Humvee project able to be moved out of the shop, and some speedster items that needed some attention.

He delivered another 'Shrink Positive' machine by Carl Adams that belongs to Robert Robinson that we will be able to use at the roundup. We went to Jimmy Matthews to discuss lunch preparations, look at his new design for stumps (will surprise you!), gather up some of his door prizes and make arrangements so use his MecHammer and his Tommasini Wheeling machine. That will give us three of Peter's machines to use. In addition, there will be one fabricated wheeling machine fitted with a go-cart tire and another for use as a backup. I will be setting up both aluminum gas welding tables with one of Kent Whites Mecco torches and a backup gas torch. I will be getting some of Kents new, fresh flux to use as well. I have plenty of 18ga. steel, a small amount of 19 ga. steel and plenty of .060 3003 aluminum, 1100 welding rod.

Thanks, Mike and Jimmy!

WCSunday 019.jpg

WCSunday 020.jpg

WCSunday 022.jpg

WCSunday 023.jpg

WCSunday 025.jpg

WCSunday 028.jpg

WCSunday 030.jpg

WCSunday 031.jpg

Last edited by RockHillWill; 03-11-2018 at 06:59 PM.
Old 03-12-2018, 01:08 PM

Excited and looking forward to attending again! Great bunch of folks, good eatin' and learnin'!

Gando
David Gandy
Concord, N.C.
Old 03-17-2018, 08:10 PM

Getting closer and closer. Moving a few things in the shop and cleaning up the yard and fixing the goat fences so that we don't have to share any of Jimmy Matthews cooking with them. Several guys have already stopped by to drop off door prizes, including both Mike Yurko and Andrew Slater. (Killer 'stuff') You will be very impressed with what you are going to see for door prizes this year.

I have not been able to tell anyone 'no', so there is more than likely be an all-time high in attendance. I am looking forward to a really good time. Many regulars are expected to attend and a lot of new acquaintances are expected. We have particularly missed Kerry and Monique, but was disappointed to learn that they will 'be on the road for the month of April'.

Issues with the Humvee, the Model a Tudor and the speedster are being worked but have slowed progress to some degree. We will have two gas welding set up's, done in a manner that favors Kent Whites approach to gas welding aluminum, four wheeling machines several powered shrinkers and stretchers, two of the "Shrink Positive' machines designed by Sprint car builder and racer Carl Adams, and at least one of Ben's MecHammer's.

I am expecting another large choice of tools for the tool exchange and have heard of some really cool 'stuff' being made. It is my favorite part of the Redneck Roundup. I will also be having a few tables set up for a swap meet. I would like for those items to me the smaller variety like tools and smaller items as the tables are the plastic folding variety. I would prefer not to have any heavy items, as the tables may have to be moved if attendance gets large, and we need the work space.

Chris: I believe I will be able to have a stump for you.

P.S. If any one has some .030" or so copper to make flowers, we can use some of that. If anyone has any extra 1/4", 5/16" and 3/8" lock washers, I could use a few assortments to update my bolt and nut supply. I have pretty good supply of sheet metal and aluminum, but if anyone has some smaller (2ft x 4ft, or so, pieces of #19 gage steel or .060" 3003 aluminum feel free to bring a few smaller pieces for some of the smaller projects. I'm not in a pinch and should have plenty, but not sure about how many folks are going to be here.

Last edited by RockHillWill; 03-17-2018 at 08:20 PM.
Old 03-28-2018, 11:23 AM

Getting closer. Remember to enter the tool exchange.
Old 03-28-2018, 11:32 AM
MetalShaper of the month Feb.-11, July - 2018, Sept. 2020

For all attendee's of Will's 5th Redneck Roundup, I am travelling to Will's on the 4th and have the "opportunity" to stop at Central steel in Greensboro and pick up 4 x 8 sheets of 19 gauge AKDQ. Price works out too $90 per sheet for qty of 25, $80 per sheet if we get qty of 50. Does anyone have any interest in 19 gauge sheet metal or should I just drive on past? Please respond with any interest and quantity you would like to purchase.. I need an answer by tomorrow as they need to bring it out of Chicago, so don't sit on it...

Instagram @ mccartney_paint_and_custom

McCartney Paint and Custom YouTube channel

Last edited by MP&C; 03-28-2018 at 11:44 AM.
Old 03-28-2018, 01:27 PM
MetalShaper of the Month January 2020, March 2022

Please put me down for two sheets.

I'll be in my truck, so no problem to bring some back to Spartanburg if that helps others from around here attending that may be in smaller vehicles (or not attending & simply around here wanting to save some mileage....) They can pick it up here later after working out payment with Robert and letting me know.

Thanks, man.