All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > General Metal Shaping Discussion > General Discussion
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 10-19-2009, 10:12 PM
MetalShaper of the Month June, 2010

some day, (soon I hope) I'm going to build this car from aluminum

DSCN7537.jpg
Old 10-20-2009, 12:08 PM

A '49 caddy would be cool to chop and drop. So would a '59, for that matter. Sure, they're pretty common, but I love rolling Detroit art.

My mother has my Grandfather's 84 Lincoln town car. I keep seeing a 3" chop, hiding all the chrome except the grill and smoothing out the door handles, and an air bag drop. Tuck in the rear wheels, put 22" rims on it and sell it. Every Pimp's dream ride. It's got factory Bill Blass gold paint- Pure bling.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:25 PM
MetalShaper of the Month June, 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shev View Post
Someday when and if I get mad skills I'd like to build something like this....if anybody has any info on it let me know...
This car is called the Golden submarine It is a redesign of a very early (1916) Race car. but I say redesign because this car is much cooler looking then the original. The latest issue of Rodder's Journal has a complete work up of the car complete with there usual stunning Photos.

Here's a link to some original car pics
http://www.vintageracecars.com/sub.htm

Last edited by RedBeard66; 10-23-2009 at 10:31 PM.
Old 10-24-2009, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard66 View Post
This car is called the Golden submarine It is a redesign of a very early (1916) Race car. but I say redesign because this car is much cooler looking then the original. The latest issue of Rodder's Journal has a complete work up of the car complete with there usual stunning Photos.

Here's a link to some original car pics
http://www.vintageracecars.com/sub.htm
Thanks for the info...I did a little digging after I posted and found out the same info...I'll try to track down a Rodder's Journal.

Into C10's? Visit www.c10forum.com

Into S-10's? Visit www.s10truckforum.com
Old 10-24-2009, 11:46 PM
MetalShaper of the Month Feb 2015

Many dreams. First dream is nearly done. I'll be moving into my new shop by the end of the year. Next dream is to finish my bus project. That will take at least 2 years. This will involve replacing all of the sheetmetal below the windows, about 40 feet of 18 gage steel. Eventually I'd like to build a 2 man Indy car similar to Ford's entries for the 1935 race. This would be a street car. I've been gathering pieces for a Bonneville project. This will be for the G blown gas lakester class. I've had a '29 ford roadster pickup since 1966. I should do something with that. A few years ago I built a '29 Ford dwarf car that I'd like to stretch about 10" and re-body as a roadster also for the street. I've been thinking about a Geo Metro powered high mileage vehicle, goal would be about 75 mpg. Lots of fun ahead.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:31 AM

Default my dream project

One dream for me would be to be part of the resoration of a classic warbird like a P-51 mustang or P-39 cobra. I've got the will I just need the skill.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:34 PM

Some Day I would like to complete this.........
Decatur IN, 46733

Phone 260-301-9034
Fax 260-724-2236

Old 10-26-2009, 08:52 PM

Default Toying with an idea

I'd like to build a 1934 Ford PU as a daily driver with good MPG. Chopped, channeled, stretch the doors, full fendered. Issue always becomes leg room. So here's the idea a buddy and I came up with the other day - use a front wheel drive unit out of a Nissan or? Maybe stretch the cowl a few inches for added leg room.

Still need to do some measuring. I think the front axle location may be too far back in the front wheel drive cars vs the PU. The PU puts the front axle under the radiator.

Ok, so here's where I need help. Zippy motor - not afraid of desiel - but still must rank up there in MPG's. Preferrably stick. And the transaxle needs to put the front wheels as far forward as possible. Anyone have an idea for a donor car?

John
Old 10-26-2009, 10:11 PM

Sure John, Passat 2liter turbo behind the seat. (mid motor)
Old 10-26-2009, 10:28 PM

Heard someone say that a goal without a plan is a dream. Since I have no plan to ever do this, I guess my ultimate dream project would be to build a replica of the Delahaye type 165 roadster. Now that is a dream.