All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > General Metal Shaping Discussion > Events
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 01-06-2018, 09:25 PM
MetalShaper of the Month Jan 2019

Default The 5th Redneck Roundup

This is a confirmation for the holding of the upcoming Redneck Roundup #5, being held on April 5th thru April 7th, 2018. We have a number of extremely talented folks that look like they are going to be in attendance and I am excited about that. My shop is rather small compared to Dan's and others, so as has been the case previously, I would like to keep the attendance in the neighborhood of about 40 folks, with preference to those that have been regular attendees in the past. The list is flexible and fluid, so if you have an interest please PM or contact me at wildcad@comporium.net and I will keep a 'backup' list, and I bet I can figure out something. This is NOT an attempt to dissuade anyone from attending, but a move made out of respect for my wife and those that give me a hand making preparations in this small shop.

I would ask that those of you that want to bring projects, bring a smaller one until I figure out how my shop spacing is going to adapt to the attendance. I have added some more tables, lights and a hot water heater. I DO encourage bringing a small project as there will be plenty of advice and material available.

My shop is a one-man shop, but I have a pretty good assortment of equipment, so at this point I am NOT requesting additional large machines to be brought. For yourselves, perhaps your two most used hammers and dollies, air tools, maybe an air hose. I would advise a pen and notebook as well. Your own portable work bench would help, and to bring your own chair(s) would be a REAL good idea.

I would expect that if you are going to either work or watch that you bring your own gloves, safety glasses, ear protection and welding helmets. I have a few extras, but not enough for everyone.

We will be having a tool exchange. To participate you need to HAND MAKE a small metal shaping related tool with a value of about $25 - $35 dollars. On Saturday afternoon those items will be put on display and a ticket provided to each of the participants and as their ticket is drawn from a hat they will be given a choice of what is on the table. I think this is a GREAT idea (not mine) and would encourage your participation.

We will also have a small swap meet area set aside in the event you might have a small tool or shaping item that you have for sale. The swap meet items should be light enough to be hand help and sit on a plastic folding table .The folks in attendance either are, or will soon be your friends, so price accordingly.

I have some allergy issues, so the shop is a smoke free environment, but smoking outside will not be a problem. My wife hates cigarette butts on the ground because the dogs eat them, so I will have 'butt' cans strategically located.

Most of my shop is air conditioned and has an inside bathroom (recently added hot water for gas weld aluminum cleaning) We will try to have nice meals for both lunch and supper, but breakfast is on ypour own or at the discretion of Dan Pate.

We have received very generous offers donations for door prizes again this year. If you would care to contribute any door prizes contact me so that I might spread out how they are distributed. Last year some folks got some VERY nice items, for which I am most appreciative.

We are located on the York, S.C. side of Rock Hill, S.C., about 200 yards off Route 5. Rock Hill, S.C. is just south of the border between the Carolinas, near Charlotte, N.C.

There are numerous Motels and Hotels in Rock Hill about 6 miles away, but there is a reasonably new Deluxe Inn and Suites in York, S.C. that is also 6 miles away, but traffic would be MUCH better. Plenty of fast food sources (including Taco Bell) in either direction.

The Deluxe Inn and Suites address is: 1568 E. Alexander Love Hwy., York, S.C. 29745. Phone: 803.684.2525, Fax: 803.684.6504.

Their website:
http://www.deluxeinnyork.com/
They are located on the Rock Hill side of York, SC at the intersection of Rt#5 and Rt#161. They are in walking distance of the Waffle House. A mile or two away are Wendys, Taco Bell, Huddle House, McDonalds, Burger King, Pizza Inn, BoJangles and a walmart.

Here is a list of expected attendees as is determined by past / multiple attendees. For those of you that I have not contacted, if you are unable to attend this year, let me know as soon as you are able, as I already have folks asking for a 'space' and I want to keep an up to date 'food' count.

Jimmy Matthews*
Jay Matthews*

Steve Greenway*
Mike Yurko*

Bob Kolenda*
Mallory Kolenda*
Jim Hery*

Dan Pate*
Jake Ladd - (Memphis Rain)*
David Gandy*

Uncle Johnny
Cousin Jacob
John Blenn*
AC Clint Button*
Cotton Eubanks*
Stan Lobitz*
Scott White*
DavidBolding*
Andrew Slater*
Jeff Newton*

Robert Robinson*
Tommy Tyson*
Barry Duckworth*
Steve Hamilton*
Pat Brubaker*.
Adam Carver*
Dan Shady*.
Bob Baisden*
John Tratnau*
Carey Culpepper*

123Pugsey
Gary Drake *
Chris Hamilton*
Robert McCartney
Bill Longyard*
Steve Bowden
Mike Rouse
Paul Hadorn
Brent Terry
Alphonso Garcia

Last edited by RockHillWill; 01-24-2018 at 10:00 AM.
Old 01-06-2018, 09:34 PM
MetalShaper of the Month September 2013

Will,
I'm planning on being there Saturday if space permits.
Old 01-06-2018, 09:35 PM
MetalShaper of the Month Jan 2019

That will be fine Bill. I look forward to seeing you again.
Old 01-06-2018, 10:05 PM

Will, I'd like to attend Saturday (perhaps Friday as well depending on the workload at my job) if that's possible.
Old 01-07-2018, 01:36 AM

Default Planning on attending.

Will,
I plan to attend. Previous years were a blast. Looking forward to seeing some old friends and making some new ones.
Old 01-07-2018, 03:42 AM
Administrator

At the top of my list for favorite things to do