All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > Metal Shaping Projects > Automotive Projects
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 01-21-2018, 08:37 PM
MetalShaper of the Month March 2018, August 2021,November 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry Pinkerton View Post
Dane, did you tip and hammer over the edges of the door or weld the edges and file to get the gap?

Nice job regardless.
The bottom of the door was folded and hemmed, the edges were welded for ease as well as wanting to retain the factory hemmed edge with spotwelds inside the jamb. I also knew I had to do some tweaking of the gaps so in the end it was faster and easier to go that route.

Dane
Old 03-07-2018, 12:13 AM
MetalShaper of the Month March 2018, August 2021,November 2023

I’m not exactly sure how to “end” this project thread. I didn’t want to leave people possibly hanging and wondering what the status was with no further updates.

So with that said: This project has moved past the metal repairs shown in this thread and nothing further had shown up or needed any major attention as we progressed to other panels on the vehicle.

(Edit) When I refrence “we” I’m referring to our shop. However, I only share portions that I’ve done 100% myself. Typically in our shop, one employee is tasked per vehicle (for example the ‘52 Dodge was solely my project alone). However, there are times on some projects we team up to perform more basic tasks such a body work, etc

Currently we have the majority of the body work and initial priming complete on the entire vehicle (one fender and the taillight panel remain yet)

In a nutshell, I have come to an end with any shareable updates for this project.

Thanks for following along and for the compliments. Hopefully it was enjoyable and fairly informative to read through.

Dane

Last edited by pplace; 03-07-2018 at 10:10 AM.
Old 03-07-2018, 08:48 AM

Thanks for posting your work. I especially enjoy seeing how you accomplish the repairs of other previous repairs. I am glad there are still people willing to pay to have the job done the right way.

ærugo nunquam dormit