All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > Metal Shaping Stuff For Sale > Individual Classifieds
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 09-05-2013, 08:40 PM
MetalShaper of the month Feb.-11, July - 2018, Sept. 2020

Well since there is more forming work on the horizon for the 55's upper tailgate, today I made a road trip to DE and picked up some 19ga CRS. Dropped off a few sheets in Frederick at Gator's and brought the rest home. I cut a good share of it into 2' x 4' sheets, as that is plenty big for most of my patch panels, and a few were left in 3' x 4' for some possible hinged hoods/hood sides.

This came from Ryerson in Newark, DE. The Ryerson closest to me is Richmond (about 2 hours drive) but they did not stock the 19 and suggested I call Delaware. DE didn't stock it either, but were more accommodating and ordered in some 19 CRS. They were iffy about AKDQ, so I'll have to still work on that one. At this point it's nice just to have 19ga. (It mic'd out at .038 thick) DE was a three hour drive, but gave me an excuse to swing by Gator's to check on his projects.

I ordered 10 sheets, 4 x 10, total was 452.20 or 45.22 per sheet. You'll have to open an account (single page form emailed, relatively painless) and get them to order it in. For those located elsewhere, check your local Ryerson....

Instagram @ mccartney_paint_and_custom

McCartney Paint and Custom YouTube channel

Last edited by MP&C; 09-05-2013 at 08:49 PM.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP&C View Post
Well since there is more forming work on the horizon for the 55's upper tailgate, today I made a road trip to DE and picked up some 19ga CRS. Dropped off a few sheets in Frederick at Gator's and brought the rest home. I cut a good share of it into 2' x 4' sheets, as that is plenty big for most of my patch panels, and a few were left in 3' x 4' for some possible hinged hoods/hood sides.

This came from Ryerson in Newark, DE. The Ryerson closest to me is Richmond (about 2 hours drive) but they did not stock the 19 and suggested I call Delaware. DE didn't stock it either, but were more accommodating and ordered in some 19 CRS. They were iffy about AKDQ, so I'll have to still work on that one. At this point it's nice just to have 19ga. (It mic'd out at .038 thick) DE was a three hour drive, but gave me an excuse to swing by Gator's to check on his projects.

I ordered 10 sheets, 4 x 10, total was 452.20 or 45.22 per sheet. You'll have to open an account (single page form emailed, relatively painless) and get them to order it in. For those located elsewhere, check your local Ryerson....
Nice! Great price and I'll have to check into that when my supplies run out.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP&C View Post

I'm sure you have, but have you checked out E-J Enterprises, Glen Burnie, MD? It's a bit less of a haul for you and the customer service has always been great when I've gone there.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:11 AM

Bill, thanks for the tip, but I've checked with most of the Baltimore suppliers, either personally or through local machine shops and none carried the 19ga. Plus, unless you are a large machine shop that deals with them on a regular basis, I've found that a regular Joe off the street is looking at having to pay a premium for them to get in a "non-stock" item in a small quantity. I have used E-J before in ordering 18ga sheets, which they did stock... and always had good service..

Old 09-06-2013, 07:25 PM

stock car steel in mooresville has them for about 70 a sheet- 19 dqak but has to be ordered. They stock 19 Ga CRS. A haul for everyone on this thread but its the only place in the SE that ive found that can get it or has any interest in looking.
Old 10-24-2013, 08:29 PM

they sell 18g for 61.09 after tax up my way. I'm not sure what 19g is but can find out for you. Why use 19g and not 18g?
Old 10-24-2013, 09:04 PM
Administrator

Location: Near Huntsville, Alabama. Just south of the Tennessee line off I65

19 ga is what most cars from the late 30's through the late 70's were made. It shapes easier and welds better to metal of the same thickness.

About the only places that stock 19 ga is around the industrial north. We can get it down South but have to buy 1000 lbs of it at a time. If you have a source in PA for it in small quanities, many folks would be glad to know where.
Old 11-13-2013, 02:53 PM

I made a recent purchase of 10 sheets of 19 ga CRS from Ryerson in Newark, DE. I had called to get this, and the sales person I talked to was able to get the CRS but was iffy on getting the AKDQ I had asked for.

Lo and behold, one of their salesmen calls this past Monday to do a follow up, and I got to asking about AKDQ in 19 ga. He says they can get it, that it normally comes from another part of the country, but they have a shipping network between facilities. So given enough time for the regular runs, you can get it from anywhere it is located to a Ryerson near your location. As these are regular shipping runs they make, there is no additional charge for shipping in to a local facility from elsewhere in the country. Food for thought if you have a Ryerson close by.

Old 02-22-2014, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate Lagler View Post
Picked up 10 4x8 sheets today from Commercial Metal Exchange in Warminster, PA. He gave me a $10 break per sheet as opposed to just getting 5 sheets. Probably would get lower quantities if a hobbyist wanted one or two, with a higher price per sheet I would think. I just figured I'd eventually use it all, and I don't see it being any cheaper two or three years from now.

http://www.commercialmetalexchange.com/

Hope this is helpful to anybody local.

Thanks! This does help. I am in Bucks county and was trying to find a source for cold rolled steel.

Tom