All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > General Metal Shaping Discussion > Events
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 02-28-2020, 12:01 PM

Default AAMS Metal Shapes by Marko joins All Metal Shaping

Hello members of All Metal Shaping my name is Mark Gerisch I am the president and Instructor at the Academy for the art of metal shaping a 501c3 nonprofit educational training center. I have been a Master CoachBuilder for over 40 years and have had the privilege of working directly with and for the automotive companies, known as the big 3. Over the span of my career I have created a large body of work that I am proud of. To my credit during that time I have had the fortune of getting to meet and work with some of the biggest names in the industry like Jay Leno, Bob Lutz, Frank Beard of ZZ Top, David E. Davis who started Automobile Magazine and for many years as the Chief in Editor, Kip Ewing of Ford SVT and so many more.

Working with and for SVT gave me insight into the way the industry thinks and moves. How to design and build like the factor. I have always wanted to give back to the roots of this art by making it posable to learn this beloved art of metal shaping and coach building. As of 6 years ago my focus changed from building vehicles day in day out and running a medium sized company to opening the Academy where people that are truly interested in learning this art can come. There is a difference, it is not about obtaining a shape that looks the same as a panel shaped correctly without a mass of tension, it is about so much more and I would like to help anyone, without any judgment, learn or enhance their understanding of metal shaping and coach building. By learning what I have to offer you too can now take advantage of something I am offering to the members of All Metal Shaping. Until the end of next month, I am offering my classes to the members of All Metal Shaping the opportunity to take a one on one class with me for half the price that I have been charging for the past 6 years. I am just ending the same special that I had running on Instagram and our website and extending it to the members of All Metal Shaping only. Making my knowledge more accessible to everyone by offering the 5-day class at half our normal going rate of $5,300 for a one on one private class down to $2,500 for the members of All Metal Shaping until the end of March. This does not mean you have to take the class in March it only means you have to have your money in for the class by the end of March and from there I will help you acquire a date that works for you in 2020. I don't really care much for group classes to be honest as someone inevitably gets left out and that does not sit well with me. Your time is valuable to you as mine is to me and this way I can focus on you and only you to make your investment in my class something you can walk away from knowing you got the very best attention by me as well as knowledge I know that only I can provide.

AAMS was founded on the principles that we leave no one behind if you want to learn this art you can. Many people lose track of the fundamentals, the true building blocks of understanding why metal does what it does when hit, bent shaped of shrunk and how to make it do what you want it to do. I believe it is the best place to start with anyone experienced or not you will learn something you have been leaving out of your shaping routine. If you haven't learned this, (there is no shame in that as it is usually glossed over when starting out), you are pretty much guess at the outcome. With my approach you will learn, and it will finally all make sense.

Please have a look at our website for all of the details at www.aametalshaping.com send me an email at classes@aametalshaping.com I truly look forward to meeting all of you and grow your knowledge of this art I hold dear.

lastly; I sell Baileigh Industrial equipment, not only do I sell it I train you on the equipment how to use it and most importantly how to run it safely and how to maintain it. Depending on what you buy you can earn anywhere from a few hours to days of training, all one on one so you really know your equipment and what it can do. You should know with that said I do not look at classes with you as an opportunity to sell you things or even talk about selling you something, in fact you will need to ask me about it if you want to know about what I sell, I will not waste your time or mine.

I would be happy to share with you all my experiences and accomplishments at a later date or when I see you at class.

Mark Gerisch
AAMS
President/Instructor
990 Centennial St.
Green Bay WI 54304
Old 02-28-2020, 12:17 PM
Administrator

Location: Near Huntsville, Alabama. Just south of the Tennessee line off I65

Welcome to AllMetalShaping Mark. I'm looking forward to learning more about your past and current projects.

For those who don't know, Mark is the designer of the 'Good Stuff' that Baileigh sells... The yellow made in USA power hammers, reciprocating machines, shrinker/stretchers and wheeling machines. The blue things are imports.
Old 02-28-2020, 05:02 PM
MetalShaper of the Month January 2020, March 2022

Welcome to the forum, sir.

On the first Saturday of April 1987, I attended a local British sports car club meeting with my TR3B. The March-April edition of Britsh Car and Bike magazine was passed around the table. Along with Jay Leno content, it featured you and your work on Cobra bodies including his 427 SC clone. Those were the first pictures I had ever seen of a cast iron English Wheel and of one in use. I knew I would have one. As my career path went into stone, I kept the magazine and 30 yrs later got my cast iron English Wheel in late March 2017. I still have that actual magazine, in my metal working tool box.

Along with Ron Fournier books, those images of you & information about traditional methods in that magazine made a huge impact on me. You have been a very significant inspiration in my life. Thank you very, very much.
Old 02-29-2020, 01:08 AM

Welcome to the group mark
Old 02-29-2020, 08:43 AM

Welcome! I've been looking into such offerings and hope to be in a position to take such classes one day!
Old 02-29-2020, 08:00 PM

Default Thank you to everyone

Thank you very much for the kind words. I look forward to helping the members of All Metal Shaping by answering questions that may come about. I surely don't know every possible scenario that you might ask my opinion on and if I don't know or understand I will tell you that as well. I have met many people in my career, and I am thankful that I was instrumental in inspiring some to pick up a hammer and join the Brotherhood.

I just wanted to clarify something Kerry stated following my interdiction, I am not the designer of the yellow equipment by Baileigh Industrial, that would be my very good friend and genus, Chris Rosch of RMD. However, I have worked with Chris to help with the testing and development of the Power Hammers. I can say that I have been the inspiration for a number of tools and equipment that Chris has designed for Baileigh. Two of our line of machines yellow machines were my ideas that Chris made work. We are going to be announcing a handheld planish hammer soon, that I made the prototype of and showed it to Chris. It was approved for production in 2020. You all will be of the first to know as I will announce it here.
Old 02-29-2020, 08:32 PM
MetalShaper of the month Feb.-11, July - 2018, Sept. 2020

Welcome to the forum Mark!

Instagram @ mccartney_paint_and_custom

McCartney Paint and Custom YouTube channel
Old 03-01-2020, 09:38 PM

Default Glad to see you here Mark

Looking forward to your thoughts.

Ron Covell, Autofuturist books (Tim Barton/Bill Longyard) and Kent White metalshaping DVD's available, shipped from the US. Contact lane@mountainhouseestate.com for price and availability.
Old 03-07-2020, 12:59 AM

Well shazam!!