All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > Metal Shaping Stuff For Sale > Business Classifieds
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 05-24-2017, 05:44 PM
MetalShaper of the Month Jan 2019

Default The 5th shipment of Tommasini wheeling machines is now available for order

Peter has notified me that he is having an additional ten of his new wheeling machine cast and is again offering for six of them to be sent to the US. These wheeling machines in this last shipment are available for $3400 USD less upper wheel and lower anvils,as this lowers the shipping costs substantially. To acquire one, a deposit of $1700 is required to get on the shipping list. The balance of $1700 is due upon their arrival here in Rock Hill, S.C.. The finest US made upper wheels and four lower anvils are made by Joe Andrews at Hoosier Profiles. The specially designed cantilevered upper wheel and four full radius lower anvils are available for $800. The fact that payment can be made in three segments has been a major selling point for these wheeling machines. I am NOT in the metal shaping machine selling business. A conversation between Peter and a friend of mine (Jimmy Matthews) that bought one, ended up with both of us volunteering to assist in the disbursement of the machines that arrive here in the US for those that would also like to acquire one of this style wheeling machines. They are shipped by ocean container to the US, shipped by train to North Carolina, and delivered by truck to us here in Rock Hill, SC. where we disassemble the shipping container and make the individual wheeling machines available to those that have purchased one.

If the buyer is not close enough to Rock Hill, SC to come pick it up, I will contact Fastenal, get the shipping quote, put it on a pallet in a box and deliver it to the nearest Fastenal store for delivery for $140. I have had very good luck with the Fastenal. We have shipped wheelingmachines
from here in South Carolina to as far away as California and Oregon for under $220 including insurance, but shipping west of the Mississippi is now questionable at best using Fastenal. I will make an inquiry to Fastenal, and you are welcome to pursue other options, if you live west of the Mississippi. Current shipping costs in the noted areas has been in the neighborhood of $120 to around $175.

Payment is best made by using PayPal to the below address for the $1700. Be sure and send it to me as 'friends and family...' so that I receive the entire $1700 to pass on to Peter.

Please note their have been some slight price increases.

I can be reached at: wildcad@comporium.net or PM me. Accessories for this machine are available here: http://www.allmetalshaping.com/showt...t=15276&page=5

Here is a link to some pictures from a Peter Tommasini class at my shop that shows some pictures of the machines
that Peter has built.

http://www.allmetalshaping.com/showt...eling+machines

Last edited by RockHillWill; 06-28-2017 at 01:15 PM.
Old 05-29-2017, 01:49 PM

For those folks that might be interested in acquiring one of Peter's wheeling machines, I have added a page to my own website to give more details on ordering and added some options for some accessories designed specifically for the use of Peters machine.

Here is the link: http://www.mantiquesresto.com/Restor...reditems2.html

click on the picture of the wheeling machine.

Last edited by RockHillWill; 05-30-2017 at 12:54 PM.
Old 05-31-2017, 08:35 PM

Where are these made?
Old 05-31-2017, 09:48 PM
MetalShaper of the month Feb.-11, July - 2018, Sept. 2020

Made in Australia

Instagram @ mccartney_paint_and_custom

McCartney Paint and Custom YouTube channel
Old 05-31-2017, 10:23 PM
MetalShaper of the Month January 2020, March 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secant View Post
Where are these made?
As a satisfied customer, it's hard to say enough good things about Peter's cast iron English wheels.

After specifically wanting a cast iron English wheel for decades, I can honestly say I had never touched metal to any wheel before using a Tommasini English wheel last fall soon after I ordered mine. within two days (1 day wheeling from flat to unflat to flat to learn control and then making shape on purpose on day 2 with only blocking hammer, stump and wheel) I had made an accurate part that fit, ready to trim and weld into place.

It's what you imagine "the right tools" can do when you finally get them, even in the hands of a metal novice like me. It isn't magic, but it's not hype either. It was highly recommended to me and it was not misrepresented.

Don't get me wrong. I have a lot to learn. Having a legit world class tool like his cast frame wheel in my shop will certainly be a big help. Very, very cool...

Thanks again, Peter and Will.
Old 06-01-2017, 06:13 AM

Thanks, Clint, you are very kind. Peter was impressed with how fast you picked up using the wheeling machine at his class.

I have added a picture to the website showing the areas that Fastenal is currently serving. This is a great resource for shipping things that weigh over 100 pounds and can be palletized, and are very cost effective as well. Current shipping costs in the noted areas has been in the neighborhood of $120 to around $175

Click on the picture at the bottom right of the page.

http://www.mantiquesresto.com/Restor...siniWheel.html

Last edited by RockHillWill; 06-01-2017 at 06:21 AM.
Old 06-28-2017, 12:56 PM

The first order of this 5th shipment has been taken. If anyone has an interest review previous posts for additional information.
Old 07-11-2017, 03:59 PM

There are currently two orders placed on this fifth shipment. I am keenly interested in getting at least two more orders so that I might convince Peter to speed up the shipping process for a more rapid delivery for his US customers.

Info here:
http://www.mantiquesresto.com/Restor...siniWheel.html
Old 07-19-2017, 06:38 AM

I have added this post to this thread as a result of a question often asked as to why Peter uses this square/acme thread on his wheeling machine adjustors.

If you take into consideration of the differences in thread design for specific applications, the use of a square acme thread is used by knowledgeable machine designers. Here are some quotes:

The square thread form is a common screw thread form, used in high load applications such as leadscrews and jackscrews. It gets its name from the square cross-section of the thread. It is the lowest friction and most efficient thread form, but it is difficult to fabricate.

The (square) Buttress thread is used to transmit power in a single direction. It has advantages of both a square thread(Low friction resistance) and V thread (strength).

In heavy-duty applications, such as screw jacks, a square thread or buttress thread is used, because it has the lowest friction and wear.

Square/Acme screw threads have better compression strength than other threads, and due to low thread angle there is no radial pressure on nut.

It would appear that those choosing to use this style of thread for their wheeling machine adjustors do not do so arbitrarily but do so from their knowledge of their use and application.
Old 07-20-2017, 10:02 AM

Thumbs up This wheel is so easy to use

If anyone is on the fence about ordering one of these wheels, I highly recommend you take the plunge.

I recently purchased one of these wheels and I was surprised at the improvement in my shaping. Will asked me to write a little about my experience with the Tomassini wheel - so here it is.

I previously had a wheel that I thought was ok. I knew it wasn't great, but it was inexpensive and generally got the job done - at least I thought it did. Nearly all my training and experience was with fabricated frames, and anvils having flats. Will was suggesting the Tomassini Wheel to me and I was a little skeptical. Will's sales pitch sounded a bit too good to be true. The cast frame sounded interested, but I had tried full radius anvils in the past, and my experience was not good.

In my mind I was set on ordering one of Kerry's machines (I've used them and like them a lot.) But Will had a payment plan that worked better with my budget. (Half now, half later, buy the wheel and anvils even later.) He even bent over backwards when I came up short on the shipping.

I've had it in my shop and set up for a couple of months now and any thoughts of selling it are long-gone. I cannot say for sure whether it is the cast frame or the Hoosier Profile wheel and anvils that make it better (I assume it is a combination of the two)

I'm not an experienced shaper like many people on this forum are, but this has definitely improved my shaping ability. The panels raise faster, yet remain smooth - no tracking lines like I used to have with other full-radius setups. I would imagine I could get tracking lines if I really tried, but before I thought they were hard to avoid and now they are easy to avoid.

Some of this is hard to verbalize, it just seems that the results are more predictable now. Before, fixing one spot often meant creating a problem somewhere else, I spent a lot of time chasing problems around the panel. It seems like I have a lot less of that now.

Overall, I'm much happier with this wheel than I expected I'd be. Peter - you did a great job designing this!