All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > Metal Shaping Stuff For Sale > Business Classifieds
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 03-01-2016, 09:00 AM
MetalShaper of the Month Jan 2019

It is a fantastic book. Dan Pate brought a case of autographed books to the Redneck Roundup and only had 2-3 when he left. It was unanimously thought to be a great book from which to learn new tips and tricks from a well established world class metal shaper. Don't hesitate on acquiring this second new and improved addition.
Old 03-01-2016, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxakarudy View Post
For those of us who bought the first edition, is worth buying the 2nd as well ?

Yes! I just got mine. I have the 1st one too. The photo quality is much better, most pics are color. I haven't had a chance to read through but it has more stuff and a lot of the grammar has been fixed. Cass was writing in his second language and it was not edited in the first one. Not that the first one isn't amazing, but this one is that much better. Well worth the $$ in my opinion. He is an amazingly talented and innovative guy. I'd love to see him work.
Old 03-01-2016, 01:17 PM
MetalShaper of the Month Aug 2016, Feb 2017, Sept 2018, Dec 2020, Aug 2022

Mine arrived today in the UK. All I can say is awesome! Cass even signed the book for me! Now that's great service
Matt
Old 03-01-2016, 07:59 PM

Default Happy buyer

I have no connection Mr. Nawrocki, so I offer this only as I sat on the fence too long deciding on his first edition: the price was higher than I like to spend on an unseen book, one I can't flip through the pages first. However, after reading the reviews here and elsewhere, I regretted that indecision, by the time I went to order it, it was sold out.

I ordered a copy of his second edition last week when I first read it was out, it came 2 days ago, I am very pleased. It will take quite a while to digest everything, as there is a lot of info contained within it. Pricey, but worth it in my opinion.

I have a lot of questions already regarding his hand held bead rollers powered by air ratchets. I would like to build one and wonder if any one knows his gear source. To me the larger gears look like small engine (as in lawn mower) cam gears but what is the smaller gear that drives it from?

The gear question is probably something I should post elsewhere on a new thread.
Old 03-01-2016, 08:25 PM
MetalShaper of the Month September 2013

Mark,
Cass told me that most of his tool parts come from salvage stores. Gears like that ought to be easy to find, in fact, a hot rod shop might have some lying around from old timing gears (chain substitutes.)
Old 03-01-2016, 09:08 PM

Oh, and it smells nice too . Just sayin...
Old 03-02-2016, 01:45 PM
MetalShaper of the Month April 2020, September 2021, November 2022

I ordered one so hopefully it will arrive in order. I look forward to learning. Thanks for the warning on the book.
Old 03-02-2016, 10:42 PM
Administrator

Location: Near Huntsville, Alabama. Just south of the Tennessee line off I65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxakarudy View Post
For those of us who bought the first edition, is worth buying the 2nd as well ?
In a word, HELL YEAH! Ok, two words.

I just found the time to sit down and do a preliminary read and I was extremely impressed. I've been privileged to go to Cass' shop on several occasions and was even able to help with some of his projects. However, even with some firsthand knowledge of his tools and techniques, the first edition left me with some questions in some areas and wanting more. Edition 2 addresses that. The photos are all in color and more detailed. The explanations are much more complete. Plus there are a ton of new pages that explain some amazing stuff in a more understandable way.

I said that Edition 1 was not a book for novice shapers and I'll say that is still the case. However, if someone wants to see that there truly is nothing impossible in sheet metal, this book is an inspiration that will keep you going when you hit that brick wall (and you will) and believe something can't be done.

There are only a handful of world class shapers and Cass Nawrocki is absolutely one of, if not the, very best. I'm honored to know him.
Old 03-15-2016, 04:36 PM

Thanks for the heads up.

This will be a great help in my learning process.
Old 06-05-2016, 03:06 PM
Administrator

Location: Near Huntsville, Alabama. Just south of the Tennessee line off I65

Cass asked me to post this for him:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cass
It was brought to my attention that page 73 was missing in the book and page 72 was printed twice instead. My sincere apologies to all readers. I will place an order to print page 73 immediately. When printed this page will be sent to everybody who has already ordered the book. Meanwhile you can download page 73 here. The correct page 73 will be inserted in all new orders.