All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > GETTING STARTED > Introductions
Register All Albums Event Calendar Today's Posts Search
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 11-08-2010, 06:06 AM

Default Hi

Hi, I'm Paul. I just found this forum whilst searching for tinning paste, (butter they call it here in Australia) I moved over from the UK 2 years ago and now I am establishing myself here in Australia. If I can offer any assistance to anyone, I will do so by all means, as long a s I have the time I am working on a massive project in my spare time and there aren't enough hours in a day.
If anyone could point me in the right direction to buy some tinning butter in Western Australia, I would appreciate them dropping me a reply

Thanks

Paul
Old 11-08-2010, 06:18 AM
Administrator

Paul, welcome to AllMetalShaping. I can't help you with the tinning butter but there are a lot of member in Australia that might be able to help you. What is your big project? Thanks for joining us.

There is more than one way to go to town and they are all correct.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:44 AM

Hi Joe, Thanks for the welcome, the big project I am working on at the moment is www.bulletproject.com I'm still re designing the website so there are various page styles up there at the moment. Not many people know about us at the moment so it doesn't matter about the site until we announce our project

Thanks again
Old 11-08-2010, 07:50 AM

paul,colin council has it at Automotive,paint tools and equipment 14 gibbs street cannington 93561874 regards clive
Old 11-08-2010, 08:18 AM
Administrator

Location: Near Huntsville, Alabama. Just south of the Tennessee line off I65

Welcome Paul,

Please add your name in the signature portion of your User CP. Everyone will forget your name after a few days.

Can't help with sources down under but when you find some, let us know and we'll add it to our resources page. We have quite a few Aussies in the group.

Love your Land Speed Record (LSR) project. I followed the Brits effort at Black Rock Desert a few years back. Hanging on my office wall, I still have a photo of the sonic wave raising dust. I gotta tell you, the RAF pilot who 'flew' that thing must have balls the size of footballs.

Is the body going to be aluminum or composite?
Old 11-08-2010, 11:25 AM
MetalShaper of the Month Jan. 2011, Nov. 2016

Paul that's quite a car!! Welcome to Allmetalshaping!!
Old 11-09-2010, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the hammerworks View Post
paul,colin council has it at Automotive,paint tools and equipment 14 gibbs street cannington 93561874 regards clive
Hi Clive, thanks for that, I'll drop by again sometime just to catch up

Kerry, I'll do that with my name in a moment. The bodywork is going to be advanced materials, as of yet we need to decide on the most suitable for the heat involved and the pressures it will have to withstand. The temperatures need calculation the downforce is in the region of 12 tonne per square meter at 1000 mph. there's still a lot to do and we are continually developing the technology.

Jeff, thanks for the comment. it makes a change to get a comment that doesn't knock us for tyring. thanks maybe I can get a supporters club for the project here

Cheers

Paul

Last edited by healewis; 11-09-2010 at 03:29 AM. Reason: Wanted to respond to all replies to save forum space