All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > GETTING STARTED > Introductions
Register All Albums Event Calendar Today's Posts Search
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 02-24-2016, 12:10 PM

Default I just joined, thanks for letting me ... Skip Banta

I just signed up and am suppose to introduce myself. Well I am about 60 yrs old and have loved cars all my life. A 1960 Austin Healey was the first car I owned which I still have albeit in a sad state. My Dad loved open wheel racers and I was drawn to them like a magnet. He and I also operated a chrome plating shop dedicated to antique cars. We did the bright work on a bunch of Pebble Beach cars in the 80's. Currently I own Tar Heel Parts, Inc. and sell metal buffing supplies, small metal working tools like the Lancaster stretcher/shrinkers, blasting equipment and specialty paints. I set up at the Hershey, Daytona, Charlotte, and Iola car shows and that is were I met people like Stan Lobitz, Terry Throne, Bill Longyard, Fay Butler and may other fine gentlemen. Metal shapping fascinates me and is rewarding. My work is mainly focused on aluminum open wheel body parts. My son and I are currently each building 37 Ford pick-up trucks. Next on the list are Hillegass and Kurtis midgets. That's all folks