All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > Miscellaneous stuff you need to know > Announcements
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 08-13-2015, 05:11 PM
MetalShaper of the Month Feb 2015

Default Colorado Tommasini class 2015

The Colorado class will be held in Fort Collins Co. on October 20-23.
The address is 3708 Michaud lane Zip 80521
The cost for the class is $650.00

Day 1: Discussion on understanding shapes
Paper patterns and profiles
Stump and tuck shrinking with a fork

Day2: Understanding how to make single and double reverse curves
Hand planishing

Day3: Wheeling lesson which will include choosing the correct anvil and
pressure for each step
How to do a wash over
Letting shape out, how to blend shapes.

Day4: Hand swaging and other advanced techniques.

Coffee and donuts will be available in the morning and lunch will be provided each day. There will be about a half sheet of 20 ga. steel for each person to practice with. Bring a project if you would like, something fender sized would be fine. Anything larger, call me to discuss it.

We'll start the day around 8:00am and end around 5:00 pm. If it turns out that there are people commuting in, we might start a bit later.

There is enough room in the shop for about 8 people.
You can reach me by phone: 970-402-8034 or by pm through this site.

See ya round like a donut.

Don't believe everything you think.
Old 08-23-2015, 09:24 PM

To date we have one probable and 2 possible people interested in the Colorado class. 5 would be a nice number of people for the class. That's the minimum number we need to make this happen.

Old 08-28-2015, 11:18 AM

We have 3 people so far who have indicated serious interest in the Colorado class, me being one of them. We need at least 2 more to make this happen. If you are considering being part of this please let me know as soon as possible so that those who are coming in from out of state can make their plans. The drop dead date for sign up will be September 30. This is shaping up to be a nice small class, lots of individual instruction.

Old 08-31-2015, 11:06 PM

Another bump.

Looking back at last years class I realize I'm about a month late in collecting for this years class. Probably the best way to pay for this is by sending either a personal check or money order made out to Robert Adame. In the memo line write Tommasini class. The cost is $650. for the 4 days. Last year I set up an account at my bank to have an organized place to handle the expenses for the class. There is currently one dollar in that account so if you have decided to take the class please send the funds as soon as possible. Peter needs to begin setting up his flights and lodging.

Again, looking back at the 2014 class I found some comments that I made just a few days after taking the class:

A few words about the class. Peter explained the subtleties of stretching and shrinking sheet metal. I watched him move metal around on the sheet by hammer and dolly and with the wheel. I watched as he struck the sheet with slapper and dolly in one area while he watched another area until is settled down onto the form. I watched him bending the sheet through the wheel to create curves and reverses. He showed us a different shape to carve into a stump that worked very well for stump shrinking. Ways to modify common ball pein hammers and framing hammers for blocking and tuck shrinking. Aggressive blocking with a 2 pound hammer. He showed us a method of embossing a detail into a finished panel without causing distortion to the panel. It was a full 3 days of hands on instruction. If he decides to do this again, I'd like to take the class again after having practiced for a year.

The 2015 class is 4 days.

My contact info:

Bob Adame
3708 Michaud lane
Fort Collins, Co. 80521

cell# 970-402-8034
email: adame@colostate.edu

Old 09-09-2015, 01:08 PM

Those of you who have expressed a desire to attend the class please send the funds as soon as you can. If you have changed your mind please let me know by pm or email.So far I've received funds for 2 spots from Mike Snodderly from Texas. It might be a small class but this class is absolutely going to happen. See you in a few.

Old 09-24-2015, 10:46 AM

We have 5 signed up for the class. Still room for 3 more.