All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > General Metal Shaping Discussion > Basic questions and answers
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 04-03-2010, 09:16 PM

But I'd still have to pull the handle several times besides stepping on a pedal is easier. If there is way to do something faster, that's the way to do it for me. What I really need to do is clean the garage first and then worry about buying and building more things.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:51 PM
Administrator

With any big tool there are two things that you have to consider. You need physical space for the machine and you also need the space for it to operate. Benders don't take up a lot of physical space but they do require a lot of space to be able to operate them. Making something like a bender movable makes a lot of sense to me. You don't use it every day so you want to be able to store it out of the way when not needed. They do require a lot of space to be able to fully utilize their capability. Maybe you should consider something outside the garage that you can use to mount it to when it is needed.

There is more than one way to go to town and they are all correct.
Old 04-03-2010, 11:16 PM
MetalShaper of the Month Feb 2015

The bender can be mounted on a sort of turret that rotates to give you more clearance for bending long tubes. Sort of a ratchet arrangement where you get as much angle as you can then pull a couple of pins, rotate the tube and bender back, re-pin it and continue the bend. I know, a picture would be nice here.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:22 AM

I'll go to Home Depot, hire some laborers for beer and lunch, and tell them to hold the pedestal. I really like both ideas, Joe and Bob.