All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > Miscellaneous stuff you need to know > Posting Pictures
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 05-10-2009, 02:44 AM
Administrator

Default Posting pictures from the AllMetalShaping.com Albums

Posting pictures using our albums is much easier than the "traditional" way. No clicking on the properties, no copying the url of the pics, just copy the BBCode and paste it into your message:

Depending on which forum you come from or your prior experiences, this may be what you are used to doing when posting pictures to a message board:

pics-albums003.jpg pics-albums004.jpg

When you open a picture in your albums (or any other) at AllMetalShaping.com, you will see the image PLUS 2 options for posting a picture to a message elsewhere. We're going to concentrate on the BBCode option, since it is by far the easiest.
pics-albums000.jpg

Click the BBCode to highlight it (if it doesn't automatically highlight when you click, IE allows you to select everything in the box by triple-clicking)
pics-albums002.jpg

Right click the highlighted code and choose copy from the menu (or use CTRL+C on your keyboard)
pics-albums005.jpg

Go to your message and right click the message entry area and choose paste from the menu (or use CTRL+V on your keyboard)
pics-albums006.jpg

The proper BBCode for inserting an image will appear in the editor window
pics-albums007.jpg

Previewing or submitting your message will show your picture in the message
pics-albums008.jpg

Very simple...finally!

Tim D.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:42 PM

Default Getting to your album

Hi I am probably being total thick but how do you get to your album while you are writting a post, just tried this and lost 5 min's of typing DOH! Iknow on mm you just click on the albums bit at the top of the page and it opens a new window for you with the albums in any chance of that happening here? Sorry for the daft question but i aint to good with these boxes of elcetrical bit's and peices
Old 06-04-2009, 03:56 PM
Administrator

I just move the cursor up to "Community", click the arrow next to it, then Right Click on "Pictures and albums to open it in a new window. I've been doing it so long it's just second nature to me........and I've been known to have 22 windows open at the same time .

If there is enough interest, I can look into editing the code so the pictures and albums open in a new window.

Tim D.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:34 PM

Tim, I think that you're taking the Geek approach (and I'm a degreed Geek!).

What I'm going to do right now is go to a random gallery and display a picture. Then I'm going to right-click on the picture with my mouse and select Copy from the menu that pops up.

Now, I'll return to this message and click my mouse just past this line to set the cursor position in this message.

Then I'll right-click again and select Paste.

The picture then appears in my edit window.

If I go to Preview Post, it is still there, so I just call it good and click Submit Reply and I'm done.

Unless this is doing something ugly like actually embedding the message as opposed to providing a link that gets automatically expanded this seems like a simpler approach.

I make my living saying "ignore that Geek behind the curtains".
Old 06-05-2009, 12:37 AM
Administrator

That might work.....but the version I posted works in all of the browsers I know of.....and it works for me at work where the right click is disabled in IE.

In this case the geek approach is simple, basic, and always works Besides, the [ img ] code is already there on the page.....you don't have to be concerned with whether or not the software will miss it and put in a link (I've never had that happen here, but it has happened to me on other message boards).

Busted on the Geek thing! I do my best to be "the Geek behind the curtain" here at AllMetalShaping.com

Tim D.
Old 06-05-2009, 12:35 PM

Default Another way

Hi Tim thanks for the ansewer to my problem , in the mean time i have found that if you hold down ctrl key when clicking on Pictures & Albums Windows opens it in a new tab for you , bit easier for me as most of the time i'm using a touch pad on my laptop not a mouse , hope this my be of use to someone out there
Old 04-06-2014, 08:57 AM

Hi Administrators, and thanks for what you do, I am getting more serious about showing some of my work. I started an album and used fastone resizer as suggested by Kerry. It worked well but I could'nt find the custom feature so the photos were resized to aprox. 700x700. They popped into my album ok anyway. My pictures are not in the order I would like. I could not find a feature that would enable me to rearrange my photos. How can I move these arround? Thanks
Old 04-06-2014, 09:08 AM
Administrator

Location: Near Huntsville, Alabama. Just south of the Tennessee line off I65

Johnny, I'm not aware of a sort feature. You might try renaming them in the order you want them but what most people do is use the album as the repository for photos in a thread. Personally, I prefer to use the 'attachment' approach as described in the other 'hot to post photos' thread.