All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > GETTING STARTED > Introductions
Register All Albums Event Calendar Today's Posts Search
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 08-20-2021, 04:08 PM

Default The wonderfully boring world of Rod

Usual intro, My name is Rodney Badiuk, from lethbridge, AB and i am a vehicle hoarder.

I have a real problem will letting vehicles go.

Between my wife and I, we have a 1970 mercedes 220d, 1970 datsun 521(second on the way), 1971 Daimler ds420, 1977 mercedes 230, 1979 mercedes 300td, 1981 volvo 242 dl, 1991 chevrolet 1500, 1993 honda del sol, 1995 honda civic hatch, 2004 ford e350 econoline, 2015 mazda cx5, and a 2020 hyundai elantra that need either rust or collision bodywork of some sort. Most of these cars are 2 years or more with me, one almost 17 years.

Long time auto enthusiast. Have been interested in doing body work for a good 25-30 years. Theres a story of me as a 3year old painting the neighbors white, late 70's dodge Monaco with a brush in outdoor lavender purple house paint. That taught my grandpa to be more attentive with his little helper!

I like the idea of shaping something into an object from a flat piece of metal.

Over the course of the past 2 years i have been collecting tools to be able to start working on these cars but until recently have not been able to work indoors or in a secure environment where i did not have to worry about my tools being stolen if i went into the house for supper.

I have a miller 252 with aluminum spool gun i purchased from work when we upgraded. I have lots of lower end hammers, dollies, body files, oxy heads(dhc-2000 pistol grip!), stuff for leading, a small english wheel, 16ga electric metal slitter...except a big english wheel, plasma cutter and a planishing hammer, most of the goodies i could want.

Looking to use allmetalshaping as a blog/encyclopedia/troubleshooter while working on these cars. And at some point id like to build a horseless carriage style car(early winton inspired) and document it here.

I have no trades background. My entire working career has been in the service or retail industry. I currently work at an international truck dealership that has an owner that collects and restores old international trucks.

Was that too much intro?
Old 08-21-2021, 08:44 AM

Welcome and nice intro! There's some pretty talented folks here, but alas, I'm not one of them!