All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > General Metal Shaping Discussion > Events
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 06-12-2012, 11:41 AM

Default Santa Cruz thank you!

First I would like to thank our sponsors Ron Covell, he donated seveal DVD’s. Lazze who also donate 3 of his new DVD’s (volume 1,2,3) 2) of his new books Craig Petterson from Dagger tool who donated 2) $50 gift certificate and seveal T shirts. Kerry Pinkerton for donating “metal shaping 101” DVD . David Gardiner from UK who also donated his DVD. Bailegh also donated several T shirts .Jim Moser donated a louvered panel that was painted and pin stripped. Kevin Lewis snatched it up with a big smile on his face. Just a note everyone who won were very grateful!

I would like to thank John Forbes for opening his shop to over 60 strangers, for the great food for 2 days, and for ordering Sunshine. I would like to thank Ron Covell, Kent White and Lazze for donating their time, helping anyone in need. For those who have not had the pleasure of meeting these three Gentlemen let me tell you, they are nicest, people I have ever met!!!!!

I would also like to thank Bailiegh Tools for hauling that trailer up the hill with all those machines for us to play with! They also did some great demos and helps any one that need it.

The shop tour at Michael Leeds was the high light of my weekend! It was a jaw dropping experience, to say the least!

I would like to thank everyone who came and made this Metal shaping weekend a success. . From what I saw and heard everyone had a GREAT time! I know I did!! It is a lot of work to put on a meet, but I would do it again in a heartbeat!

Thanks again to everyone! Hope to see you next year!

Last edited by HEATNBEAT; 06-13-2012 at 08:55 AM.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:28 PM
MetalShaper of the Month Novenber 2011, March 2017

Well said Rick!! I agree with everything you just said! Also thank you for everything you did, and bringing that trailer full of equipment, and letting strangers use them!

Mettelka Craft Metalshaping

Wanted, 41 Cadillac Fleetwood
Old 06-12-2012, 11:36 PM

Thank you to you Rick for pulling it together, John for being such a gracious host, Ron, Kent and Lazze for sharing their knowledge and everyone else who willingly shared their tools and knowledge. My first meet was an great experience and I'm looking forward to next year.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:18 AM

I've been busy as all get out since this wonderful meet but I had to stop by and say thanx to Rick Scott and John Forbes for making this possible. Thanx to Lazze, Ron, and Kent for sharing their knowledge. I met a bunch of great guys and had loads of fun. Both my wife and father also had a great deal of fun and learned much, they talked about metal shaping and the meet non stop for two full days, it was wonderful they enjoyed it very much. Also, thanx to everyone for making them feel so welcome and for giving my wife pointers and encouragement to try some shaping.

Great meet,
Jaysin
Old 06-22-2012, 11:35 PM

Thanks to all organizers for the event.