All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > General Metal Shaping Discussion > Events
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 10-02-2012, 09:19 AM
MetalShaper of the Month Nov. 2009

Mallory and I made it home sunday night safely.It was a great trip home with a stop at dinosaur world in Kentucky to break up the trip.We had a great time at the event and would like to thank everyone for sharing.I allways learn something at these events. I have not checked Mallory's photos of the event yet,but she will post them as soon as she sets up her own account. Thanks,Robert
Old 10-02-2012, 09:42 AM

I'm glad to hear you made it home alright. It was great to meet you and Malory and to see such a wonderful young woman that loves working metal and doing it with her dad. You should be very proud of her as I'm sure you are. All the best from Georgia. Mike
Old 10-02-2012, 11:32 AM
Administrator

Location: Near Huntsville, Alabama. Just south of the Tennessee line off I65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Andrews View Post
I'd Like to Offer a Hand Held Hammer to be given away as a Door Prize. To Get the Hammer You must be at Kerry's Meet.

The Hammer will be Custom Engraved with the Winners Letters or Logo. e'll Ship it Wherever it needs to Go!

Winner will get a Hammer with 5 UHMW Round Heads, a Wedge and 4 Steel Heavy Hitter Heads.

Have Fun at the Meet Guys!

I forgot to do a drawing for this so we did one last night. The winner is Robert Kolenda. Robert, contact Joe for the prize and thanks for coming.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:05 PM

My dad and I also want to thank Kerry, his forgiving wife and everybody else that puts in effort to make this event happen. For us its a bit special as its one of about 2 times I year him and I get to spend together and a rare time we get to spend working on something car related.

Ultimately the goal is to drive my hot rod truck with my dad down Route 66. I am thinking I might need to work on it more than just the few days a year at Kerry's though to make that happen.

Him and I had some in depth conversations on our drive home about how "rare" the group of people are that attend. And that is a compliment for sure.

Maybe next year I can convince my 12 year old daughter to come with me and take some lessons from Mallory.

Thanks again crew, the Scotts truly look forward to this annual event. Now if "shady" Dan wasn't so darn far north I might get in 2 events per year.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:53 PM
MetalShaper of the Month Feb. 2010

WOW what a GREAT time we had. thank you kerry and your lovely wife
i've been fortunate enough to go to quite a few meets over the years and this one is one of the top ones.

a BIG thanks to MR. DAN SHADY for the guidance on the plane build. ( look for me to finish the thread that i started some time ago)

thanks mike rouse for the tool exchange

and a big thanks to AL JEWEL from the ea team for the lettering job on the plane.
thanks again
my boy has layed clame to this plane untill we get his done he said it should go in the family room
2012-10-02_19-46-53_770.jpg

Last edited by uncle johnny; 10-03-2012 at 03:50 AM.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:53 PM

Like everyone else, I had a great time. I spend all year looking forward to this week and I can promise that it was not a disappointment. I was very glad to see all of the friends I've made over the last 4 plus years and even more glad to make a few new friends. I always leave there motivated to get back out in the shop and get something done. The list is long but I should get through it in no time feeling the way I do right now.

Big thanks to Kerry and Carolyn (especially Carolyn for letting me in her kitchen and saving me a chocolate cupcake) for continuing to host this event every year. You are truely good and generous people and we are lucky to have you in this community. Because of your event, I can do things today that I would not have dreamed of 5 years ago.

To all the newbies out there, it you haven't been to an event yet, what are you waiting for? This is where it's at.

Also a special thanks to Dan Pate for one of those ahha moments on the english wheel and to Paul for making the hood of my wife's truck look like new again with the PDR. It looks great and she couldn't be happier.

Until next year. . .
Old 10-03-2012, 07:39 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty1295 View Post
My dad and I also want to thank Kerry, his forgiving wife and everybody else that puts in effort to make this event happen. For us its a bit special as its one of about 2 times I year him and I get to spend together and a rare time we get to spend working on something car related.

Ultimately the goal is to drive my hot rod truck with my dad down Route 66. I am thinking I might need to work on it more than just the few days a year at Kerry's though to make that happen.

Him and I had some in depth conversations on our drive home about how "rare" the group of people are that attend. And that is a compliment for sure.

Maybe next year I can convince my 12 year old daughter to come with me and take some lessons from Mallory.

Thanks again crew, the Scotts truly look forward to this annual event. Now if "shady" Dan wasn't so darn far north I might get in 2 events per year.
Bring that truck up here and lets move that project closer to completion .You will at least be closer as you will be on Route 56 . There are several up here that work for food and we know who has that down pat .

Last edited by route56wingnut; 10-03-2012 at 07:42 AM.