All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > General Metal Shaping Discussion > Events
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 01-04-2019, 07:45 PM

Default Metal Shaping Seminar at Dan Pate's Shop in Dennison MN April 29-May1 and May 6-8

44827998_2118544798410481_7618605515848810496_n.jpgWe are excited to be adding a new aspect to our metal shaping classes here at Kingdom Metal Works.
We posted about these classes last October and have a few spots still open.
We have been invited by Dan Pate who will host us in his well equipped metal shaping shop in Dennison MN. Dan has been offered a Ferrari buck for us to use to make aluminum panels using hand tools and the machinery in his shop. Dan is known as route56wingnut on Instagram. Our first 3 day metal shaping class is scheduled for April 29th - May 1st . Dan has a metal shaping event that he will hold on May 2nd - 4th. Our second metal shaping class is scheduled for May 6th - 8th. Our focus will be on all aspects of metal shaping using the Ferrari buck with our goal being to build the skills of those who will be signing up for the classes.
The cost for each 3 day class is $650.00 with a $200.00 non-refundable registration fee.
email us at kingdommetalworks@gmail. com for registration and information.
Our hope is to be invited to shops all around the country that will host us to teach metal shaping to enthusiasts that want to build their skills and move their personal projects forward. Our focus will be on coach building, fabrication of aluminum and steel panels and all aspects of metals shaping using hand tools and metal shaping machinery.

http://kingdommetalworks.com/

Last edited by route56wingnut; 01-04-2019 at 07:57 PM.
Old 01-04-2019, 09:24 PM
MetalShaper of the Month May 2013, Dec 2013

Dan..
I have not meet Kevin in person, but he does very good work and he knows his stuff . The class will be very informative for the students ,and they will learn a lot from Kevin working off a buck
Peter

Metalshaping tools and dvds
www.handbuilt.net.au

Metalshaping clip on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEAh91hodPg

Making Monaro Quarter panel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIpOhz0uGRM
Old 01-04-2019, 09:28 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Tommasini View Post
Dan..
I have not meet Kevin in person, but he does very good work and he knows his stuff . The class will be very informative for the students ,and they will learn a lot from Kevin working off a buck
Peter
When do we get blessed with your presences again ?
Old 01-04-2019, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by route56wingnut View Post
When do we get blessed with your presences again ?
If our friend Donald changes his laws and let's me in, I will be there in a flash

I have tried to get the visa 3 times last Year and used multiple method to ex plane to them why I would like to visit the US DID NOT WORK I was denied
each time .Sounds like that the only way at the moment that I can get to the US without a problem is to be sponsored by an AMERICAN COMPANY to teach over there . Going by the Australian system that we have now,this could be a lot of paper work for someone ? May be it's different over there?
Peter

www.handbuilt.net.au

Old 01-05-2019, 11:58 AM

Peter if you intend to try this year, now would be the time to start the process. From what I can tell certain business related Visa's are limited. Sort of a first come first serve basis. Perhaps that's why you had issues. Also many categories of Business Visa's require Post Secondary Education (College or University). Why I don't know but if you do not have a degree then certain categories are automatically excluded from your eligibility.

From what I can tell here are the categories you may qualify for.

H-2B: Temporary Non-agricultural Worker
For temporary or seasonal non- agricultural work. Limited to citizens or nationals of designated countries, with limited exceptions, if determined to be in the United States interest.

O: Individual with Extraordinary Ability or Achievement
For persons with extraordinary ability or achievement in the sciences, arts, education, business, athletics, or extraordinary recognized achievements in the motion picture and television fields, demonstrated by sustained national or international acclaim, to work in their field of expertise. Includes persons providing essential services in support of the above individual.

P-3: Artist or Entertainer (Individual or Group)
To perform, teach or coach under a program that is culturally unique or a traditional ethnic, folk, cultural, musical, theatrical, or artistic performance or presentation. Includes persons providing essential services in support of the above individual.

I think you could make a case for all three although I think Category O would be tough.
P-3 would be a real possibility if you present what you do a preserving traditions and as an art form in and of itself.

If you intend to try this year now is the time to apply as like I stated above many of the Temp worker categories are limited and the longer you wait the less likely you are to get one.
Old 01-05-2019, 09:21 PM
Administrator

Peter, you can't just come for a "vacation"?

"I've never met someone with so much tenacity in all my life." - RockHillWill

@madscientistind
Old 01-05-2019, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Hamilton View Post
Peter if you intend to try this year, now would be the time to start the process. From what I can tell certain business related Visa's are limited. Sort of a first come first serve basis. Perhaps that's why you had issues. Also many categories of Business Visa's require Post Secondary Education (College or University). Why I don't know but if you do not have a degree then certain categories are automatically excluded from your eligibility.

From what I can tell here are the categories you may qualify for.

H-2B: Temporary Non-agricultural Worker
For temporary or seasonal non- agricultural work. Limited to citizens or nationals of designated countries, with limited exceptions, if determined to be in the United States interest.

O: Individual with Extraordinary Ability or Achievement
For persons with extraordinary ability or achievement in the sciences, arts, education, business, athletics, or extraordinary recognized achievements in the motion picture and television fields, demonstrated by sustained national or international acclaim, to work in their field of expertise. Includes persons providing essential services in support of the above individual.

P-3: Artist or Entertainer (Individual or Group)
To perform, teach or coach under a program that is culturally unique or a traditional ethnic, folk, cultural, musical, theatrical, or artistic performance or presentation. Includes persons providing essential services in support of the above individual.

I think you could make a case for all three although I think Category O would be tough.
P-3 would be a real possibility if you present what you do a preserving traditions and as an art form in and of itself.

If you intend to try this year now is the time to apply as like I stated above many of the Temp worker categories are limited and the longer you wait the less likely you are to get one.
Hi Chris, thanks for that info. We have previously employed a US Attorney
regarding the Visa and her advice was to apply for a B1B2 visa which means
you can only attend the States to promote your business and demonstrate
your metalshaping tools. She said there is no way they would let you work
there and receive money, only if some company will sponsor you. In 2016 I was granted a visa but when I applied last year for the same visa they
required sworn statements as to what I was doing in the States and names and information of the people I would be seeing etc. As it was to be a sworn
statement if I was found to be doing the wrong thing I could be prosecuted.
Unfortunately in this trade it is basically reliant on years of experience and your reputation, there is only a certificate from the Australian Government to say you completed an apprenticeship at the beginning of your career.
This tightening up of regulations appears to have come in when Trump became President, so I am hoping if this changes in the future it may be easier to get a Visa. I will keep trying but there are no guarantees.
Peter

www.handbuilt.net.au

Old 04-10-2019, 03:04 AM
Administrator

Check with Kevin and verify the correct dates your scheduled for classes. I know one is full and a few spaces left on the other
Old 04-10-2019, 08:34 AM

Working with a buck is very rewarding and lot's of fun, students will understand better and be able to see shapes in their mind .
Peter
have a lot of fun guys!!!

www.handbuilt.net.au