All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > Metal Shaping Stuff For Sale > Heads Up Announcements
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 11-10-2016, 11:45 AM

Default Update

Sorry, I see now that Bill posted info about Book 6 in another thread.

FYI, more copies of Book 3 and 5 have been ordered.

Ron Covell, Autofuturist books (Tim Barton/Bill Longyard) and Kent White metalshaping DVD's available, shipped from the US. Contact lane@mountainhouseestate.com for price and availability.

Last edited by Overkill; 11-10-2016 at 11:53 AM.
Old 11-11-2016, 06:57 PM

Who do I contact to order a set of books?
Old 11-11-2016, 07:09 PM

Default Update on book 3 and 5

Sounding like they will be here next week.

To order the books, or get on the list for book 6, please read the first post. Thanks

Ron Covell, Autofuturist books (Tim Barton/Bill Longyard) and Kent White metalshaping DVD's available, shipped from the US. Contact lane@mountainhouseestate.com for price and availability.
Old 11-14-2016, 07:10 AM

My books just arrived and I must say I'm overwhelmed. There's reading material for months to come and to think that there are even more books in the making brightens my day. What a truely remarkable person Tim must've been.

Thanks again for making it possible to hold these books in my hands, when I thought that would never happen, since I missed the first opportunity.
Old 11-18-2016, 01:07 AM

Default Update -

Timothy Paul Barton's books, Metalshaping: The Lost Sheet Metal Machines Volumes #3 and #5 are once again in stock! Due to the cost of printing, the price on each book is $65 + $4.00 shipping. Send an email to Lane.Nittler@gmail.com if you wish to order either or both of the books. Be sure to include the shipping location - sales tax of $5.26 is required in California for each book. There are three ways you can pay:

1. Lane will send you a request for payment through PayPal;

2. You can send a money order for the books to
Lane Nittler
33710 Hwy 128
Cloverdale, CA 95425
Because PayPal fees and/or eBay fees do not apply, any books purchased by money order are $66 each to any US address.

3. You may purchase the books on eBay - all international orders must be purchased through eBay. A search of "Timothy Barton Metalshaping" will bring up the books. Seller name - 32pickle

NOTE: if you are an international buyer, make sure to "add to cart" if you are purchasing multiple items from 32pickle. That is the ONLY way shipping can be combined due to ebay oddities.

Old 04-02-2017, 07:59 AM

Default 1st many thanks to Bill and Kent & will book 7 make it

Hello All,
It has been a while since I have posted anything on All Metal Shaping,
I want to 1st thank the efforts and time spent by Bill Longyard and Kent White for getting somewhere with the Books Tim was going to publish, I was so happy to get Book 6 when ordered it arrived in a very timely manor I couldn't wait to read it, full of information,
my question is will Book 7 ever be published? or available to us wanting to know more about our trade? yes I was one of the people that paid in advance for the full set, that is now water under the bridge I just want to finish the set and if it cost so be it you can not find the information you will read in these series of books in any library. I am sure it is some where but it would take years to get it. so Please print book 7 the price is worth the reading.
many thanks again Bill and Kent
Sincerely,
John Escolano
Old 04-02-2017, 08:57 AM

Default Hi John

I think you found the thread about Book 7, based on your other posting. It's going to take some time before its available.

Old 10-26-2017, 08:29 PM
Meet Hosts

A year ago the effort to continue publishing these books started. I am glad for this effort and just wondered if there is anything to report as to the progress on book 7-8? I refer to these books often and I hope the dreams that Tim Barton had continue to live on in all of us .

Andy Geelhoed(guesswork)
Old 10-27-2017, 10:26 AM
MetalShaper of the Month September 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by geelhoed View Post
A year ago the effort to continue publishing these books started. I am glad for this effort and just wondered if there is anything to report as to the progress on book 7-8? I refer to these books often and I hope the dreams that Tim Barton had continue to live on in all of us .

Andy Geelhoed(guesswork)

Andy,

I started working on Books 7/8 in early September, but then went to Europe on a project for three weeks. Upon my return last week, I jumped right back on the project and will hit it hard throughout the winter with an expected completion/publication date in April.

To put it mildly, reconstructing Tim's intentions from his notes is exactly like reverse engineering a car. It takes longer to reverse engineer it than it does to design it!

I've already sent out dozens of requests for photos and information from the people and companies Tim had originally contacted, and everyone has responded positively so far. Some are resending copies of material they sent Tim, while others have updated information...remember, Tim started this project over 10 years ago!

When John Alden got Tim's research material from the family, it turned out there were 31 boxes of notes and photos, but NO computer files. Going through the boxes alone has been a Herculean feat, and I'm still not quite finished. The book will have to be COMPLETELY rewritten and reconstructed.

Be assured that I intend to have this completed by the early spring and I hope to produce the book that Tim wanted to. The more I work with his material the more I feel a sympathetic kinship with a historian and metalworker, who loved his subject.
Old 10-27-2017, 02:19 PM
MetalShaper of the Month April 2020, September 2021, November 2022

Default Heroic act.

Bill, I wish a lot of strength. When compiling roots, I understand the effort you are doing to that. For the history of working with love and general knowledge, it is a heroic act. Can I still order the entire set?