All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > Miscellaneous stuff you need to know > Posting Pictures
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 05-07-2009, 08:17 AM
Administrator

Default Using the Albums at AllMetalShaping.com

We have photo albums as part of the VBulleting software used for AllMetalShaping.com. This is not a separate photo album, but, rather integrated into the forum software.

The albums are located in the "Community Links" in the nav bar at the top:
albums000.jpg

Clicking the link to "Picture and Albums" will take you to the recent albums page:
albums001.jpg

There is a link at the bottom to "Click here to add an album and start uploading pictures!"
albums002.jpg

Clicking that link shows the "Add Album" box". Use this to name your album and add a description:
albums003.jpg

Once you have named your album and clicked submit, you will be taken to the upload page which allows you to upload 3 pictures at a time:
albums005.jpg

Clicking the "Browse" button opens an Explorer window which allows you to navigate to the folder where your pictures are stored.
albums006.jpg

Select the file you want to add to the album and click "open" (or just double-click on the filename):
albums007.jpg

The filename then shows on the page and you can click "Upload Pictures" or add another image file:
albums008.jpg

Once your pictures are uploaded, you will be given the option to add captions to your photos:
albums009.jpg

After you "Save Changes" to your photo captions (whether you add captions or not), you will be taken back to your album. To add more pictures to your album, click the "Upload Pictures" link above or below your album preview:
albums010.jpg

Later, I will be adding a tutorial on using images from the albums in your posts.

Tim D.
Old 05-08-2009, 06:17 PM
Administrator

Location: Near Huntsville, Alabama. Just south of the Tennessee line off I65

I increased the number of files you can download at once from 3 to 10. It's MUCH MUCH quicker than the photo gallery software at MM and because it's in OUR database, it's secure and should never go away.

I'll probably upload to the albums if I have a lot of photos to post. Just a few and I'd probably do the attachment process that Tim described in the other thread.

This new version of Vbulliten has some neat features.
Old 05-08-2009, 06:42 PM
Administrator

Default reply

I seen that Kerry.It made a huge difference on how long it takes.

I'm going to work on getting all of the photos off of the old site and put them into albums.I'm just going to do a little at a time until I get them all.Some of them I can't get for some reason or another but I am getting 90 percent of them.

I figure if the other site crashes we will at least have the photo's on file.

This forum is dedicated to Metal Shaping.
Please stay on topic.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:22 PM

Default New Thread?

I hate to sound stupid but how do you start a new thread? I can't seem to fing anything that says 'start new thread'. I have replied to posts OK, no problem, but can't quite figure out how to start one of my own.

thanks for your help, max
Old 04-22-2010, 04:26 PM
Administrator

Mark, click on the logo on the upper left, then select the proper forum. At the top of each "forum" is a button that says something to the effect of "Post New Thread".

Tim D.